ZombieVerter VCU with Leaf GEN 3 PDM

VWJoe

ZombieVerter VCU with Leaf GEN 3 PDM

Post by VWJoe »

Being new to the site I thought I would first ask this question in this section because I may have missed the answer in the wealth of information in this forum.

Back in October last year Damien demonstrated the Leaf Gen 3 with the ZombieVerter VCU including charging with the PDM. Having looked through wiki and Github I believe it still says that only Gen 2 PDM is supported.

So does the ZombieVerter VCU support Gen PDM 3?
Does GEN 3 act the same as GEN 2, i.e. needs the same codes just different wiring to the plug?
Does ZombieVerter VCU still require updating to support GEN 3 PDM?

Thanks
Kelju

Re: ZombieVerter VCU with Leaf GEN 3 PDM

Post by Kelju »

Hello,

I have been testing and using the GEN2 PDM with the following pinout. I have the DCDC and charger running. I have not used fast charging so I am not sure about the signals needed for that. The Chademo CAN is easy to spot as it is with twisted pair wiring in the wiring loom.
The reason I am calling this the GEN3 PDM pinout is the fact that I checked the pinout and wiring colors from a GEN3 wiring loom and I have the GEN3 PDM waiting to go into my car.
If anybody knows the rest of the missing pins, I would be happy to receive the info.
GEN3 PDM pinout.PNG
irsjohnk

Post by irsjohnk »

image.png
Tim
joeflickers

Post by joeflickers »

:D
Kelju wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:32 pm Hello,

I have been testing and using the GEN2 PDM with the following pinout. I have the DCDC and charger running. I have not used fast charging so I am not sure about the signals needed for that. The Chademo CAN is easy to spot as it is with twisted pair wiring in the wiring loom.
The reason I am calling this the GEN3 PDM pinout is the fact that I checked the pinout and wiring colors from a GEN3 wiring loom and I have the GEN3 PDM waiting to go into my car.
If anybody knows the rest of the missing pins, I would be happy to receive the info.
GEN3 PDM pinout.PNG
I'm currently struggling to get ac charging to work using an stm32 zombie.. How do you get the zombie to switch to charging mode?