Tesla PCS Settings DC-DC

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
fredd90

Tesla PCS Settings DC-DC

Post by fredd90 »

Hello

Have a little question regarding some settings in the PCS controller

Sometimes when i do a hard launch the DC-DC to 12v stops, then i need to deaktivate relay to get it going again,

The problem is that the voltage drops and i think the pcs have som limitation in the controller

Thnx in advance =)
P.S.Mangelsdorf

Re: Tesla PCS Settings DC-DC

Post by P.S.Mangelsdorf »

fredd90 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:33 am Hello

Have a little question regarding some settings in the PCS controller

Sometimes when i do a hard launch the DC-DC to 12v stops, then i need to deaktivate relay to get it going again,

The problem is that the voltage drops and i think the pcs have som limitation in the controller

Thnx in advance =)
I don't see any lower voltage setting on my PCS webinterface, though I suppose there might be one hard coded.

What errors are you seeing in the error log, and what is your pack voltage range?
If at first you don't succeed, buy a bigger hammer.

1940 Chevrolet w/ Tesla LDU - "Shocking Chevy" - Completed 2023 Hot Rod Drag Week
fredd90

Post by fredd90 »

P.S.Mangelsdorf wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:09 pm I don't see any lower voltage setting on my PCS webinterface, though I suppose there might be one hard coded.

What errors are you seeing in the error log, and what is your pack voltage range?
I suppose the settings is in the background somewhere, I have logged the hvdc voltage and around 344vdc it shuts off, the dcdc converter top temp is around 28-30 degree on all sensors.

When it stops it says charge fail, but no alarms from pcs...
P.S.Mangelsdorf

fredd90 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:30 pm I have logged the hvdc voltage and around 344vdc it shuts off, the dcdc converter top temp is around 28-30 degree on all sensors.
I've had mine continue operating below that voltage and above those temps. Is it possible something is physically coming loose during a hard launch that isn't visible sitting still?

1940 Chevrolet w/ Tesla LDU - "Shocking Chevy" - Completed 2023 Hot Rod Drag Week
fredd90

Post by fredd90 »

P.S.Mangelsdorf wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:38 pm I've had mine continue operating below that voltage and above those temps. Is it possible something is physically coming loose during a hard launch that isn't visible sitting still?
I have done a 300km ride to get the battery low enough, when i was home again the battery was at 312volt and neither the dcdc or charger started... I got to connect my mitsubish charger to get the voltage up to 345 volt before the PCS controller started working again, now the battery is full again after some hours with 11kw charging through PCS :D

It has been the same problem 4 times before so its getting kind of annoying :?

As i see it there is 2 options, some hex/can that does not match up due to wrong firmware(PCS) or some problem with the pcs controller, but it works flawless otherwise...
P.S.Mangelsdorf

fredd90 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:35 pm I have done a 300km ride to get the battery low enough, when i was home again the battery was at 312volt and neither the dcdc or charger started... I got to connect my mitsubish charger to get the voltage up to 345 volt before the PCS controller started working again, now the battery is full again after some hours with 11kw charging through PCS :D

It has been the same problem 4 times before so its getting kind of annoying :?

As i see it there is 2 options, some hex/can that does not match up due to wrong firmware(PCS) or some problem with the pcs controller, but it works flawless otherwise...
That is strange. Based on this and my PCS struggles (will only pull up to about 2kW, regardless of station), I think Tesla must have/continue to change firmware on the PCS, hence the various non working or partially working PCSs out there.

fredd90

Post by fredd90 »

P.S.Mangelsdorf wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:27 pm That is strange. Based on this and my PCS struggles (will only pull up to about 2kW, regardless of station), I think Tesla must have/continue to change firmware on the PCS, hence the various non working or partially working PCSs out there.
Okay that's sad to hear, I can adjust the wattage of the charger in webinterface, but when i adjust the "portable" charging cable different than the pcs controller i get error. For the moment i always go for 16A 3ph 11000w.

I think there are som problems left to be solved before pcs controller is 100% perfect.....
P.S.Mangelsdorf

fredd90 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:08 am I think there are som problems left to be solved before pcs controller is 100% perfect.....
Agreed. I also found a small bug where once charging is complete, it turned off both charging and DC-DC, so when I went out to the car in the morning, the 12V battery was dead because the PCS coolant pump had been running half the night with no DC-DC to keep the 12V battery charged.