Audi SQ7 Electric supercharger.

Forum on Volkswagen related hardware, so VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda etc.
bigmotherwhale

Audi SQ7 Electric supercharger.

Post by bigmotherwhale »

I have this E supercharger, it was bought faulty so it was torn down, its not really EV but it has some interesting power electronics and a switched reluctance motor which i thought you might like to see.

The disassembly was a success in that it can be put back together and the fault fixed, though it wont be laser welded anymore it will have to be soldered.

If anyone has the CAN protocol or a capture so I can use it please let me know.
Attachments
DSC04799.JPG
DSC04798.JPG
DSC04797.JPG
DSC04796.JPG
DSC04800.JPG
golfdubcrazy

Re: Audi SQ7 Electric supercharger.

Post by golfdubcrazy »

nice, i want to buy one of these and control it via the canbus.

there's a few people online that have done this but unfortunately don't want to share the can frames :cry:
bigmotherwhale

Post by bigmotherwhale »

I know, I have tried contacting them myself, I think they are probably being greedy and trying to get money from it by developing their own control system? Im not really sure why you wouldn't want to share. It still might be possible you can find the right frame if there is no serial number or CRC checks in place. We will just have to wait i guess, Im currently running a Tubrbodyne Turbopac modified with a hobby ESC but its only 6s capable so i only get a few PSI max of boost but its gains are still quite impressive.
bigmotherwhale

Post by bigmotherwhale »

I saw here: viewtopic.php?p=52273#p52273
in some of the DBC files there are references to ebooster, its a bit confusing for me as its German, does this give the can frames for control or flashing firmware?

DIA_eBooster2_Req 17FC178D
golfdubcrazy

Post by golfdubcrazy »

well spotted, i missed that and interesting the see the output of what can be assumed to be the 48v DCDC converter. if you can power your board and see what can frames you receive it might help narrow down the modules
bigmotherwhale

Post by bigmotherwhale »

There is some can frames that match, they are listed as some kind of error in groups. that's the only thing i have found so far.
Attachments
ezgif-3-5240983e24.jpg
bigmotherwhale

Post by bigmotherwhale »

I put this back together and had a look at the can signals, i didn't learn much, it times out after a few seconds probably waiting for a wake up from the ECU
frame 180 tells some information about voltage and temperature, Byte 3 is temperature and byte 7 Is voltage, i think they are both DEC X 0.255
i assume the other bytes are probably current and RPM which should be fairly obvious when its working.
I think these might be some kind of CRC check or announcement to the ECU?
1a55545c 8 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
1a55548b 8 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
1a55548c 8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
If anyone has any ideas let me know, i saw on some of these threads some work with CRC but i didn't understand it, perhaps someone who has worked on similar VAG stuff explain what the reply should be?
I'm a bit stuck on this without a can log of a working car, those who have it working are unwilling to help it seems.
An Arduino program for testing different can ID's might be helpful, i think its called fuzzing? is there one anyone knows?
Thanks
jrbe

Post by jrbe »

bigmotherwhale wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:32 pm I'm a bit stuck on this without a can log of a working car, those who have it working are unwilling to help it seems.
An Arduino program for testing different can ID's might be helpful, i think its called fuzzing? is there one anyone knows?
Thanks
I just posted this info in the 48v belt assist alternator thread. Not the can log but the how to. https://icanhack.nl/blog/vw-part1/ has a bunch of info on getting deep into firmware and hacking a VW electric power steering. Someone who can do this level of electrical reverse engineering (not me) likely would find some of the info there helpful. There are a few pages there and has some code of what they used to get in.