Jaguar Ipace Charger

Jaguar / Landrover hardware hacking
Jack Bauer

Jaguar Ipace Charger

Post by Jack Bauer »

So this just landed on my desk. Am told is a charger from a 2020 iPace. Also told it is 6.6kw AC and has CCS built in so could be quite interesting. Usual suspects of connectors, wiring diagrams and can logs from a working and charging car would be a good place to start.
Attachments
2022-09-13 15.58.38.jpg
2022-09-13 15.58.42.jpg
I'm going to need a hacksaw
LunaticScientist

Re: Jaguar Ipace Charger

Post by LunaticScientist »

This piqued my interest as it has an integrated DC-fast charge and OBC circuitry, CANBUS controlled, and seemingly cheap.

I was able to pull the wiring and connector information for USDM, but it looks like the wiring may also include parallel wiring for Type 2 ports/CCS.

Connector service numbers aren't direct links to anything external, but the crimper referenced from Kent-Moore is for Yazaki terminals, so might be a place to start there.

Interestingly, the DC-in from the charge port and DC-out to the battery pack (the integrated "junction box") do not show any intermediate circuitry such as contactors, inverter input, etc. Granted, the rest of the "Wired on-board charging module" doesn't have any circuitry diagrams, so who knows. I hope to have one in-route in the next few days and see if it can be opened without too much damage.

Jag iPace Info

These guys also seem to have a decent start on the PID decoding. It looks like the "BCCM" or "Battery Charge Control Module" is what the module id's as, but the only cross-reference is the DTC listing on the service manual about the "On-board charger/battery charger control module".

iPace Forums CANBUS and PID for the iPace