Lastest SDU Design Files?  [SOLVED]

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
nubster

Lastest SDU Design Files?

Post by nubster »

Can someone please confirm where the latest Tesla SDU design files can be found?

I ordered a board from the shop recently and got a V7 board. Damien's GitHub has a V6, but Johannes has a fork with V7 (and now V8!) Is Johannees' repo the latest and greatest going forward? Are these the latest designs we should be using? I searched but could not find a definitive answer.

Thanks!
catphish

Re: Lastest SDU Design Files?

Post by catphish »

I'd suggest you read this thread: viewtopic.php?t=991

Damien's last revision of this board was V6 and I don't believe he is actively working on this hardware for now.
The V7+ versions improve upon that design and those are what you should use to build / further develop.

See also this thread: viewtopic.php?t=2776
Be sure to incorporate the improvements there if possible. I guess that's V8.
nubster

Post by nubster »

Thanks, yes. They are excellent reads! I think I understood some of it. I just wasn't sure where to find the latest design files.

I bought a couple of boards from the web store now. The first was a V6, but the last was a V7. I've been interested in learning how to build a board, so I went to Damien's repo but didn't see V7 available. Browsing thru the forks, I found Johannes had one with V7 & V8. Seems like probably the correct files, but I just wanted to confirm instead of assume. I have no idea what I'm doing. Thank you!
catphish

Re: Lastest SDU Design Files?  [SOLVED]

Post by catphish »

nubster wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:15 am Browsing thru the forks, I found Johannes had one with V7 & V8. Seems like probably the correct files, but I just wanted to confirm instead of assume. I have no idea what I'm doing. Thank you!
To confirm, yes, the files in Johannes's Github are the latest ones that you should be using. :idea:
nubster

Post by nubster »

Thank you, good sir! :pray: