Calling all Tesla conversion automation settings

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
Boxster EV

Calling all Tesla conversion automation settings

Post by Boxster EV »

I’m curious if any of the Tesla conversions are using a positive idlespeed setting?

If so, what are your experiences and would you care to share your settings?

Have you managed to create a smooth power delivery?

1B96C9D3-3102-49DD-B999-BAE0421A4C10.png
Porsche 986 powered by a Tesla large drive unit. Backwards. Build documented here and Instagram @tesla_porsche here.
P.S.Mangelsdorf

Re: Calling all Tesla conversion automation settings

Post by P.S.Mangelsdorf »

I think Jon Volk was?

His parameter tuning guide and parameter set is about 3/4 of the way down this page (page 2 of a thread) viewtopic.php?t=126&start=25
If at first you don't succeed, buy a bigger hammer.

1940 Chevrolet w/ Tesla LDU - "Shocking Chevy" - Completed 2023 Hot Rod Drag Week
Boxster EV

Post by Boxster EV »

P.S.Mangelsdorf wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:52 pm I think Jon Volk was?

His parameter tuning guide and parameter set is about 3/4 of the way down this page (page 2 of a thread) viewtopic.php?t=126&start=25
Thanks for posting.

I think when that thread was written, Jon was using a transducer on pot2 to incrementally build throttle based on the brake being released. I remember it well as that’s how I blew up my inverter, whilst trying to introduce the same set-up. Oops. here.

Back on topic, I’m interested to know whether anyone is using a positive idlespeed parameter without using a an external transducer, and if so, are you happy with it and would you please share the json.

Thanks again.
Porsche 986 powered by a Tesla large drive unit. Backwards. Build documented here and Instagram @tesla_porsche here.
jon volk

Post by jon volk »

I now do the same idle ajustment over CAN with the pedal position data from the ibooster for whatever thats worth. I believe the idle applicaiton defualts to the throttle ramp value, so that could probably assist in adjsutment there.
Formerly 92 E30 BMW Cabrio with Tesla power