Tesla LDU Open source board programming steps?

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
4GSHARK

Tesla LDU Open source board programming steps?

Post by 4GSHARK »

Hi, I'm new to this. Decided to do Ev conversion from scratch using Tesla Large Drive Unit.

I been going through forum threads for quate a while now. Trying to educate my self.

So far I have Tesla LDU in my garage. I decided to go with Open Source Board by taking Gerber files and building it and programming my self. They had few things out of stock so I will need to finish soldering some resistors etc which is not a big deal.

Upon finalizing my order I came across few problems.

I can not find part numbers for all the PCB wire connectors or what seem called Latter, if any one can give me a hand with that it would help a lot. I believe it's these ones, check picture for attachments.

Also, I'm trying to understand programming procedure. Would like to know where to connect the ST link v2 on a board, I believe it's 3 holes on a board where it says prog next to connector 9. And how do you program? I see you need a bootloader, and firmware. I found firmware on gihub but not sure about bootloader.

Saw this topic on a forum about the bootloader but I'm confused whether this is for any stm32 processor... Any board sort to say including LDU control board.

viewtopic.php?t=1119

I'm pretty good at building and working on electronics, just need a few pointers. I would like to contribute to wiki page on programming topic because I noticed it's missing there at LDU page!!! After I figure all this out.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot_2023-01-12-01-49-30-056_com.opera.browser.jpg
Screenshot_2023-01-11-08-04-23-958_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
royhen99

Re: Tesla LDU Open source board programming steps?

Post by royhen99 »

This information is available in the forum, but is difficult to find. I know most of the answers but as I am not using any of the Openinverter boards I will leave the programing side to someone else. The connector part numbers are in the previous versions of the BOM ( V1 - V4 ) e.g. CONN4 SM24B-CPTK-1A-TB(L). You could have substituted the missing parts at JLCPCB and saved some soldering. R65, R66 etc 100K is not available but there is an alternative part in the "basic" parts that could be used.
4GSHARK

Re: Tesla LDU Open source board programming steps?

Post by 4GSHARK »

royhen99 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:05 am This information is available in the forum, but is difficult to find. I know most of the answers but as I am not using any of the Openinverter boards I will leave the programing side to someone else. The connector part numbers are in the previous versions of the BOM ( V1 - V4 ) e.g. CONN4 SM24B-CPTK-1A-TB(L). You could have substituted the missing parts at JLCPCB and saved some soldering. R65, R66 etc 100K is not available but there is an alternative part in the "basic" parts that could be used.
Ahh I see now. I never had idea I could open ods file. Now it's making sense. I see them all now. Ah ok, yeah I wish I done that in first place would save me some trouble from soldering missing parts. I did see substitute parts on other websites, it didn't click right away in my head to change them out on JLCPCB.

I attached 2 pdf files i just used incase someone get stuck like me for connectors.
And a pdf file with all connectors i orederd including wifi. To make it easier.
Attachments
Cart_Jan12_0829AM.pdf
(195.79 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Tesla_V2_LDU_BOM.pdf
(74.79 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Tesla_V2_LDU_BOM.pdf
(74.79 KiB) Downloaded 41 times