Off-Grid Energy Course

Topics concerning renewable energy generation e.g. solar, wind etc
Gregski

Off-Grid Energy Course

Post by Gregski »

look, here's the deal, we often want something for free, but you know the saying you get what you pay for, so why not support someone who has put in the time and effort to learn us something, this is not my course, it is just something I came across and because it is offered at 80% OFF why not give it a shot and support this guy, or you can wait for me to watch it and then suffer through my horrible videos as I regurgitate this stuff lol

OFF-GRID SOLAR ENERGY: Design and Operation [2022] now only $10 bucks

What you'll learn
  • The vital COMPONENTS in an off grid energy systems
  • The correct DESIGN principles of energy systems
  • The truth behind INVERTER GENERATORS and what their advantages actually are
  • The reality of LITHIUM ION batteries versus the conventional lead acid batteries
  • The actual performance of the different SOLAR CHARGERS and their pro's and con's
  • The newest INVERTER technologies available and how they are wired into your system
  • A clear understanding of the different types of BATTERIES and which option is the best for your system
  • How a SOLAR PANEL actually works, and how to get the highest power output
  • The differences between the different TECHNOLOGIES available on the market
  • The basic principles on how ELECTRICITY works
  • The true functioning of ALTERNATORS and how their performance can be improved
  • The reasons behind POWER FLUCTUATIONS and how to mitigate their harmful effects
  • A true understanding of FUSES & BREAKERS and how they should protect your system
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
Gregski

Re: Off-Grid Energy Course

Post by Gregski »

just wanted to share some of the visual effects in his presentation, they are so well done

Solar Panel Anatomy.jpg
Series String.jpg
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
johnstef

Re: Off-Grid Energy Course

Post by johnstef »

Great course! Very thorough, he covers a lot of detail needed. You end up with a broad overview. To install your own system you will need more info though, either his consultation or complete a few more of his courses. I would recommend both. Why not? It is worth it to not make any mistakes in such a resource for your home.

If I had seen this a couple years ago I could have completely managed the installation of my 8.9Kw solar array and Enphase inverters. The installer I chose made an inverter sizing error so the 8.9Kw array is bottlenecked by a 6.4Kw inverter capability. On sunny days there are 3 to 5 hours of wasted energy.