ZombieVerter VCU Support

VWJoe

Re: ZombieVerter VCU Support

Post by VWJoe »

crasbe wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:59 pm Please try the new 1.07A release, we found a typo in the Leaf code that prevents the inverter entering run mode: https://github.com/damienmaguire/Stm32- ... /tag/1.07A
uploaded 1.07 and still have the same problem, not getting any of the can messages that relate to the inverter drive ie, 0x11A, 0x1D4 or 0x50B.

I am getting 0x109, maybe a red herring, but looking at the code is this something to do with the Chademo charging?

0x109 01 67 01 89 01 DC 05 C8

I've attached a parameter file and a small dump of Can from the 1.07 software.

Many thanks.
Attachments
V1_07 Can.txt
(1003 Bytes) Downloaded 64 times
params.json
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
FieroJam

Post by FieroJam »

On the new release, at least the notes on 1.06V, I noticed this:

"Regenerative Braking is completely disabled for the time being."

Is the Regen Braking being disabled just for the GS300h/GS450h?

Is the Gen 2 Leaf effected by this?
crasbe

Post by crasbe »

FieroJam wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:33 pm On the new release, at least the notes on 1.06V, I noticed this:

"Regenerative Braking is completely disabled for the time being."

Is the Regen Braking being disabled just for the GS300h/GS450h?

Is the Gen 2 Leaf effected by this?
It's disabled for all platforms because the throttle module had a potentially safety critical error. That involved rewriting a lot of the code in the throttle module and quite some testing.
Regen will certainly be added back, but that needs testing as well and getting the error fixed was more important.
crasbe

Post by crasbe »

VWJoe wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:37 pm uploaded 1.07 and still have the same problem, not getting any of the can messages that relate to the inverter drive ie, 0x11A, 0x1D4 or 0x50B.

I am getting 0x109, maybe a red herring, but looking at the code is this something to do with the Chademo charging?

0x109 01 67 01 89 01 DC 05 C8

I've attached a parameter file and a small dump of Can from the 1.07 software.

Many thanks.
Thank you for the logs. With that I could narrow down my suspicion and find the culprit:

It looks like when Johannes refactored the code, he forgot the add the function call of the 10ms Task back in for the inverter operation: https://github.com/damienmaguire/Stm32- ... 3L485-R458

This only affects the Outlander and Leaf, but not the GS450h and IS300h, that's why it didn't get caught in testing. (I guess Damien didn't want to break the Goose as well in the middle of moving houses).

Let me fire up my PC and I'll make a new binary for you to test.
crasbe

Post by crasbe »

As promised, here is the preliminary binary with revision 1.08A. This binary is ONLY for VWJoe for testing! It's NOT an official release!
Attachments

[The extension bin has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

VWJoe

Post by VWJoe »

crasbe wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:39 pm As promised, here is the preliminary binary with revision 1.08A. This binary is ONLY for VWJoe for testing! It's NOT an official release!
Thank you crasbe, just tested works forward and reverse.

Again thank you to everyone involved, it's very much appreciated.
Wayne Campbell

Post by Wayne Campbell »

Jack Bauer wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:14 am Not as much as a thank you for the effort put into solving a BIG bug and testing the fix? Ok.
Huge thanks Damien & co for this work
et0

Post by et0 »

Jack Bauer wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:54 pm Can everyone please update to the latest V1.06A code here :
https://github.com/damienmaguire/Stm32- ... /tag/1.06A
Following a few very intensive days testing and coding by some very kind patrons we uncovered a very significant bug in the throttle handling routine. This is now fixed, improved upon and tested on bench and in cars. Please see the release notes for more info.

Additionally a bug in the toyota sync serial clock generation was found and fixed that caused random failures of the inverter to initialise at startup.
Fantastic news! Thanks for updating it so quickly, Damien, Crasbe et al, it feels like the project is really on fire now :)

I had noticed the "wouldn't start up sometimes" bug too, so that's great that's already fixed too.

Still reading the changes but I was looking in the right place at least.

I've just updated to 1.08A, and still see the problem. It's exaggerated when IDCmax is set to something like 300, if I change it to 5000 you can at least spin it up on the ramp without getting the torque drops, but it's still happening on the road.

Does anyone have a .hex I could try to check I haven't done something daft with the source get?
et0

Post by et0 »

Also from the 1.06A release notes:
"#Please check your potmin, pot2min, potmax, pot2max values: They are the ABSOLUTE minimum and maximum. Please set them in a way that the potval can never reach them, otherwise an error will be stored."

Has how these work changed? That seems to be the opposite of the previous description if I'm reading it right:
Jack Bauer wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:16 pm There's your problem:) Have you set udcmin to a sane value? say 20v? also potmin needs to be greater than your off throttle reading. so if your off throttle is say 420 then set pomin to 430. Potmax needs to be less then your wide open throttle value. So if your wot value is 2580 then set potmax to 2570.
Mine was set as above (min and max INSIDE the range that the pedal returns). Changing it so they are OUTSIDE the range, it still works the same, but without any dead zone on the throttle so it's extra twitchy.
crasbe

Post by crasbe »

The idea back then was that you create a deadzone by setting potmin to a higher value than it is at absolute minimum.
However the problem is that it makes detecting a faulty throttle pedal really hard. Therefore I changed the behavior to the opposite. So if it potval is ever outside of it's specified range, an error will be thrown.

Therefore you don't make the range smaller but a bit larger than it actually is. To accomodate the deadzone, I have added a separate throtdead parameter to create a deadzone at the beginning of the throttle range. It is set to 10% (which is really high), but can be tuned down. It has to exist because there always might be some noise present.

This probably needs to be documented somewhere separately (wiki), but I'm currently at work.

To your IDCmax problem: I didn't look into that yet so it's pretty much expected that your problem is still present with the recent changes.
I'll have to look into it separately.

I don't have the .hex file of 1.08A on my laptop unfortunately, so I can't access it right now.
et0

Post by et0 »

crasbe wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:11 pm The idea back then was that you create a deadzone by setting potmin to a higher value than it is at absolute minimum.
However the problem is that it makes detecting a faulty throttle pedal really hard. Therefore I changed the behavior to the opposite. So if it potval is ever outside of it's specified range, an error will be thrown.
Excellent - it's exactly what I suggested here: https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopi ... 050#p33050
Therefore you don't make the range smaller but a bit larger than it actually is. To accomodate the deadzone, I have added a separate throtdead parameter to create a deadzone at the beginning of the throttle range. It is set to 10% (which is really high), but can be tuned down. It has to exist because there always might be some noise present.

This probably needs to be documented somewhere separately (wiki), but I'm currently at work.
I'll change it on the wiki, I wrote those instructions based on how it used to work.

To your IDCmax problem: I didn't look into that yet so it's pretty much expected that your problem is still present with the recent changes.
I'll have to look into it separately.

I don't have the .hex file of 1.08A on my laptop unfortunately, so I can't access it right now.
That's why I was asking when Damien announced it, I wasn't sure if it was this bug that was found or a different one.
Anyway good, if it's not supposed to be fixed, that's the reason, don't worry about the .hex file :)
irsjohnk

Post by irsjohnk »

I finally go my shunt communicating to VCU! I have the IVT-S-1K-U3-I-CAN2-12/24. I changed the parameters to communicate can2 and could not get it to work changed it to can1 and now works. When doing the initialization the drop down has on off and NA as options now am i to assume the NA is initialize?
Tim
Zechy

Post by Zechy »

Just changed my wi-fi module to Wemos. It is SO much better. Faster and stable.
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Well done.
I have really struggled to get the wemos programmed even after searching and reading the forum as much as I could. Could you point me to any info to get this working. I am sure the info is out there and I probably just missed it.
Jonr

Post by Jonr »

dadiowe wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:26 am Well done.
I have really struggled to get the wemos programmed even after searching and reading the forum as much as I could. Could you point me to any info to get this working. I am sure the info is out there and I probably just missed it.
Try this plus the wiki - https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopi ... 518#p48518
Project : GS450h into BMW 3 Series Touring?
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

With that sorted I'd like to lock this overly long thread as well.

Please describe new issues in a new thread with a descriptive title (I NEED HELP is not descriptive!). Do not put unrelated issues into existing threads that describe a different topic.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9