anybody work on the LS600h inverter?

Topics concerning the Toyota and Lexus inverter drop in boards
Lwerewolf

Re: anybody work on the LS600h inverter?

Post by Lwerewolf »

Great, I was worried that it had something to do with engine RPM control. Still wondering why the inverter has a camshaft input sensor... other than to compare it to the value that the HV ECU is sending and set a DTC if it differs.

Re: different HV ECUs talking with different engine ECUs - not sure how much use that'll be, given the nature of the THS system.
mdrobnak

Post by mdrobnak »

That is super odd. I know my gearbox has a traditional 12V tach signal + CAN data and will error if they mismatch, but I can't see why the inverter would need it.
Lwerewolf

Post by Lwerewolf »

Just a heads-up for anybody that might be waiting on this, I've been, ehh... busy with other projects and the weather hasn't been too great outside... and now that I cleaned up the garage somewhat, an mr2 aw11 ended up in it..

I estimate it'll be at least a month more until I come back to this.
PacEmaker

Post by PacEmaker »

Lwerewolf wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:16 pm Just a heads-up for anybody that might be waiting on this, I've been, ehh... busy with other projects and the weather hasn't been too great outside... and now that I cleaned up the garage somewhat, an mr2 aw11 ended up in it..

I estimate it'll be at least a month more until I come back to this.
Lwerewolf I just want to say thanks very much for your work up to this point, also thanks to Tom as well.

I'm looking at an LS600h inverter as an option too but I don't expect I'll be able to contribute on the coding side of things, not a software guy me, at least not yet! Once mine arrives I will definitely want to try some bench testing, so I'm keen to see the fruits of your research.
Geoff

Is this smoke trying to tell me something ... :twisted:
Xenith

Post by Xenith »

Im very interested in this as i have just blowen my firsg inverter (this is my 3rd gs450h) and would like to upgrade to the twin cooled inverter as i drive this car to work 1000km each way with sprited open road use and im heavy on the foot around town
PacEmaker

Post by PacEmaker »

Lwerewolf wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:58 pm Just as a heads-up, I finally ordered an ls600h inverter, should be able to provide info in... 2-3 weeks, hopefully. Sorry for the delay, other things took precedence :)

A bit about the part numbers - g9200-500(11/21) - resp. (lhd/rhd) don't show up on toyodiy or the EPC app, I assume they're a very early production model or something. I ordered a g9200-50011. Now to secure wiring before it arrives.
Looking at them on Yahoo Japan I can confirm G9200-50021 (RHD version) is from 2007/2008. The 2009 ones I've seen have part number G9200-50070 (RHD). Later part numbers are G9200-50072 in 2011 and G9200-50074 from 2012. All these are RHD versions, because Japan. I have no idea what the differences are or whether the later inverters can be retrofitted to the earlier cars, so I'm playing it safe and assuming the earlier ones will be most likely to work with the GS450h VCU but we'll see.

I've ordered a late 2007 that should be the same as yours (except RHD). Thanks for your work Lwerewolf and looking forward to seeing how it goes!
Geoff

Is this smoke trying to tell me something ... :twisted:
Xenith

Post by Xenith »

Just an fyi i am currently running the igbts and boards out of a 2011 camry in my 2006 gs450h im using all the gs450h wiring and capacitors worksgreat
Eflyers

Post by Eflyers »

By all means: show us and tell us how you are doing this!
Lwerewolf

Post by Lwerewolf »

The casing is pretty much the same, the IPM (igbt module) and control board(s) have the same physical dimensions and will bolt right in - no clue whether the wiring from the external socket to the on-PCB sockets is the same but it very well could be. The camry modules do have less IGBTs though - check the ORNL article, the "unpopulated IGBT slots" are populated on the gs450h boards, probably for a good reason given the power output differences.

The weather here is pretty bad and the garage is taken by the mr2 (which I can't leave outside for a multitude of reasons), so it's still on hold. Re: yours - be aware that you'll need the ls600h-specific wiring harness (for the two 3-phase motor connections). The connectors are the same on the transmission-side, not the case on the inverter-side. As I noted previously, during my first attempt I "extended" the harness without extending its shielding, which I suspect is the reason for the "torque execution monitoring malfunction" codes that I got - the car attempted to crank the engine just fine... for the split second that it did.
Xenith

Post by Xenith »

Lwerewolf wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:55 am The casing is pretty much the same, the IPM (igbt module) and control board(s) have the same physical dimensions and will bolt right in - no clue whether the wiring from the external socket to the on-PCB sockets is the same but it very well could be. The camry modules do have less IGBTs though - check the ORNL article, the "unpopulated IGBT slots" are populated on the gs450h boards, probably for a good reason given the power output differences.
Thanks for the info Lwerewolf
The use of the camry igbts was due to the only 450h iverter i could find in aussie was $1500 and would have to wait for it to be posted . i was able to get the camry one for $145 at the local pullapart making the gamble worth a try
the plug sockets were the same as i used all the gs450h everything just the igbt,s from the camry .
So with the less igbt's will i just get less power or will i be driving more current through them .
Were do i find this article "check the ORNL article"
Looking forward to ur replay
Xenith

Post by Xenith »

Did u ever get the 600h inverter working in the gs bud
Lwerewolf

Post by Lwerewolf »

Haven't done anything, but the weather's finally getting decent enough to work outside. Might have something within a month.
Romale

Post by Romale »

I am at the stage of buying an inverter and a box of ls600h electric motors , but I still haven 't found any mention of successful launches by a zombiverter or vcu for gs450h .
how did the story described in this topic end?
evil neodymium :twisted: