Leaf Gen2 ZombieVerter - Testing issues!

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
EvSteeve

Leaf Gen2 ZombieVerter - Testing issues!

Post by EvSteeve »

Good afternoon people,

I have a gen 2 leaf 'stack' - Pdm, Inverter and motor, and am currently trying to get it spinning with the zombieverter vcu before commencing the actual installation.

I have studied Damien Maguire's YouTube videos covering this (Extremely helpful and insightful). and have got the motor spinnning, sort of!
It will spin once after starting but then goes dead. The only error I am seeing on the open inverter interface is Warn - Throttle1 but doesn't appear every time!

Just a bit of background to help any people kind enough to offer suggestions

Using 180vdc for the test.
using a 3 wire pot for the throttle at present - going to try source a old hall effect throttle to try. Calibrated and single 'Pot mode' Selected.
UDC min - 170
UDC max - 190
UDClim - 200
UDCSW - 165

I'm using a Isoshunt and have initiated as per the wiki
1.00.A Software version

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Jack Bauer

Re: Leaf Gen2 ZombieVerter - Testing issues!

Post by Jack Bauer »

This would have been better asked in the vcu support thread but ok. Given the Leaf inverter has a built in minimum DC voltage of 180v then I'm not surprised by this behavior.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
EvSteeve

Post by EvSteeve »

Hi there,

Sorry for that, I was thinking of which thread to put it in but given the VCU showed no errors and presumed it was leaf issue, I thought it would be best here!

I have now tried with 230Vdc, With no change,
Also tried a hall effect throttle to see if it made any difference, again no difference in terms of behaviour when applying throttle.. but now no errors on the interface...

Also randomly the leaf tried to spin momentarily without any throttle input, anyone experienced this before?!

Regards.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Have you calibrated the throttle? Try plotting the throttle pot and pot2 values to see if they behave as expected. The reason I prefer to use the support threads is the information here will just be lost.
I'm going to need a hacksaw