Enabling brownout detection on SAM3X8E

evMacGyver

Enabling brownout detection on SAM3X8E

Post by evMacGyver »

On tabletest I have no problems with Arduino DUE, but when used on car it required mostly, if not every time, push of the reset button or to begin USB serial terminal session after power on. Something to do with supply, maybe bigger capacitor might help, could also be DUE voltage regulator.

I assume Arduino programming environment does not burn fuses to enable BOD, does anybody know how BOD could be enabled?
m.art.y

Re: Enabling brownout detection on SAM3X8E

Post by m.art.y »

evMacGyver wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:00 am On tabletest I have no problems with Arduino DUE, but when used on car it required mostly, if not every time, push of the reset button or to begin USB serial terminal session after power on. Something to do with supply, maybe bigger capacitor might help, could also be DUE voltage regulator.

I assume Arduino programming environment does not burn fuses to enable BOD, does anybody know how BOD could be enabled?
I had this issue too with some of the Chinesse Due copies. Something to do with the bootup firmware that needs to be altered. Never had this issue with the original Due so far, some ot the Chinesse ones worked fine also.
Pete9008

Post by Pete9008 »

I had a similar problem, fixed it by following this https://copperhilltech.com/blog/arduino ... res-reset/
evMacGyver

Post by evMacGyver »

Pete9008 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:26 pm I had a similar problem, fixed it by following this https://copperhilltech.com/blog/arduino ... res-reset/
Thank you!