Which model s board with simp bms?

Topics concerning OEM and open source BMSes
vwbrady

Which model s board with simp bms?

Post by vwbrady »

I plan to run a SIMP BMS with Tesla module boards on a different 96s battery system. Is there a preferred version of the Tesla boards or do they all work he same?

I like the batteries I already have, so please don't suggest that I buy simp bms compatible batteries. I can't afford or fit them.
PXL_20210719_013214896.jpg
arber333

Re: Which model s board with simp bms?

Post by arber333 »

vwbrady wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:20 am I plan to run a SIMP BMS with Tesla module boards on a different 96s battery system. Is there a preferred version of the Tesla boards or do they all work he same?

I like the batteries I already have, so please don't suggest that I buy simp bms compatible batteries. I can't afford it, nor can I fit it.

PXL_20210719_013214896.jpg
Why not? Is there something much different with your cells voltage curve?
I am thinking of changing my Ampera battery to Volt Gen2 cells while using original Ampera BMS. There would be a lot of wiring involved, but in the end i dont think the car will notice the different cells. As long as thermistors dont ack up...
vwbrady

Post by vwbrady »

why not use SIMP BMS compatible OEM battery modules?

I either can't afford or can't fit the OE options. The batteries im using are LiPo so no relevant difference in voltage curve. Initially I wont be using thermistors, this would just be for balancing and charger control.
celeron55

Post by celeron55 »

I think most if not all S/X boards will work. They have some differences but nothing that would prevent using SimpBMS.