can bus man in the middle question

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
chentron

can bus man in the middle question

Post by chentron »

It is the firs time i try to produce a PCB, and i choose JLCPCB to produce the "can bus man in the middle" design from Damien.
I sent the gerbers as published in the GIT , but JLCPCB is asking me something i dont understand because my zero electronic knowledge.
I ask if somebody can help me what they are answering to me:

1.We are not sure the layer stack up. Should we make VCC= L2 and GND=L3 to proceed?

2. for the 4 big holes at the corner, should we make them as plated hole or non-plated holes ?
image.png
image.png
image.png
m.art.y

Re: can bus man in the middle question

Post by m.art.y »

If you just need CAN Man in the middle you can simply use arduino Due board with 2 little can transciever boards or a due shield with 2 transcievers, will work just the the same, will save you ordering pcbs. I used that setup for a while. Those can transciever boards seem to be out of stock though I still have some of those for sale.
chentron

Post by chentron »

the need is to convert can messages from a ZEVA bms system to can messages that can be send to a fast charge system . Still not decided if chademo or CCS, because i am not totally sure what is easy to implement.
is there a ino file for the arduino that can do this task ?
m.art.y

Post by m.art.y »

chentron wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:41 am is there a ino file for the arduino that can do this task ?
Yes there are a few templates available that you can modify as you need to. I use it in the exact same case where I read can messages, modify them as needed and send them out modified. Or you can use interrupts if you need a certain action to take place upon reception of certain can message.