VOLT/AMPERA inverter single controler dual IGBT drive

Discussion about components from Ampera/Bolt and the PSA group which owns Opel these days
arber333

Re: VOLT/AMPERA inverter single controler dual IGBT drive

Post by arber333 »

js1tr3 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:25 am Any advice for troubleshooting the 5V regulator?
I stuck with the 10uH inductor, but based on this load level 20uH might be more appropriate, also it looks like the output capacitance Is way bigger than needed.. the design sheet calls for 22uF.
It seems like your regulator is seeing a brownout event. Which one is that, 5V or 3V3?
Maybe you could try using different values for decoupling caps?

Another thought... some time ago i had a lot of problems with Olimex WiFi module. For some reason it caused 3V3 regulator into brownout.
If you can replace it for another WiFi module it would show the fault... or better yet an equivalent Wemos D1 mini module which is a better alternative and easier to play with.
js1tr3

Post by js1tr3 »

Its the 5V.

yup, I swapped to the Wemos D1, way easier to program and more memory! plus I can power it from either the 3.3 or 5V (since it has its own 3.3V regulator), for now I've been powering off the PC usb, to isolate the power draw, but its only 100mA or peak so on the 5V. I guess next step is to try a different 5V regulator.
1988 Porsche 911 targa with warp11 motor. Soon to be Tesla SDU.
js1tr3

Post by js1tr3 »

To make the temperature sensor in the IGBT module work on Damien's Board Remove R94, and jump a 10K resistor to 5V, the right side of R20 is a convenient spot to pull the power. Now I measure 18C in my basement as opposed to 100C

https://warpedporsche.blogspot.com/2022 ... erter.html
1988 Porsche 911 targa with warp11 motor. Soon to be Tesla SDU.
risaacma

Post by risaacma »

Greetings all. Firstly, I'd like to express my gratitude for the wealth of knowledge being shared on this forum. I recently started my journey of attempting the convert a 1950 Chevy Fleetline AND also convert a 68' Karmann Ghia to electric. I recently acquired a Chevy Volt Inverter for a very good price and was pleasantly surprised to discover that there's an openinverter board that offers support (3 options actually). I opted to order a Damien Maguire board, none of which were available on the EVBMW site or anywhere else I could find. I read a different discussion somewhere on this site that mentioned there being a rev.3 of that boatd, but was only able to find V1 on the github repo linked on the wiki. Any suggestions of where I can acquire a the latest revision of the Damien board ? Thanks in advance.

-Thanks
dillzilla11

Post by dillzilla11 »

Is there any reason why i can't use this with the volt motors and have hybrid drive? If so then this looks to be a really good hybrid drive solution. i plan on using these for a truck and have hybrid drive to make up for range loss while towing.