Damien Maguire's Et Al. Software to run the Opel Ampera / Chevy Volt Charger Over CAN Topic is solved

Discussion about components from Ampera/Bolt and the PSA group which owns Opel these days
Gregski

Damien Maguire's Et Al. Software to run the Opel Ampera / Chevy Volt Charger Over CAN

Post by Gregski »

I recently downloaded Mr. Damien Maguire's Software (Based on the work of Tom deBree, Arber Kramer, Colin Kidder, EVTV and others.) to run the Opel Ampera / Chevy Volt Charger Over CAN from his https://github.com/damienmaguire/AmperaCharger

I am using an original Arduino Due and a proven to work CAN Bus Waveshare transceiver (as it works with SaavyCAN)

I am able to compile his code and using the serial monitor press ? to bring up the menu and configure the voltage and current and save it to the EPROM, however when I press e to enable the charger nothing happens and I can never interrogate the charger to acquire more data readings from it

please help

41Z25TvqDpL._AC_.jpg
41Z25TvqDpL._AC_.jpg (10.67 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
IMG_7190.JPG
IMG_7190.JPG (54.81 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
EVBMW Ampera Controller 1.png
EVBMW Ampera Controller 2.jpg
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
Pete9008

Re: Damien Maguire's Et Al. Software to run the Opel Ampera / Chevy Volt Charger Over CAN

Post by Pete9008 »

Not used this but looking at the code it seems to use CAN1 for the charger interface not the Due default of CAN0. Which one do you have hooked up?
Gregski

Re: Damien Maguire's Et Al. Software to run the Opel Ampera / Chevy Volt Charger Over CAN

Post by Gregski »

Pete9008 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:18 pm Not used this but looking at the code it seems to use CAN1 for the charger interface not the Due default of CAN0. Which one do you have hooked up?
and that folks, is why I luv this forum so much, Pete anyway we can get you to go work for Splunk, their tech support could sure use someone like you, ha ha

EVBMW Ampera Controller 3.jpg
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

just some extra detail for us Arduino newbs, here is what I changed in the code

void setup() {

Can0.begin(CAN_BPS_500K); //CAN bus
Can1.begin(CAN_BPS_500K); //CAN bus
Can1.watchFor(); from that to simply this Can0.watchFor();
pinMode(13, OUTPUT); //led
Serial2.begin(19200); //setup serial 2 for wifi access

and where ever else Can1 was attached to a function or method or called out
Pete9008

Post by Pete9008 »

Glad it's working :-)