Best EV motor for direct drive?

ClassyCrusader

Best EV motor for direct drive?

Post by ClassyCrusader »

what's up guys im new here so Im not sure if im posting in the right spot but, I was looking at some in-wheel hub motors that seemed promising to a guy without any bigger tools like a lift or pneumatics. problem was the top speed was typically around 65mph, which just won't cut it.
So I was dabbling with the idea of direct drive (maybe to the pumpkin) and was wondering if anyones done it with satisfying results, Like 80-100mph or so? if so what motor did you use?
Bratitude

Re: Best EV motor for direct drive?

Post by Bratitude »

ClassyCrusader wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:23 am what's up guys im new here so Im not sure if im posting in the right spot but, I was looking at some in-wheel hub motors that seemed promising to a guy without any bigger tools like a lift or pneumatics. problem was the top speed was typically around 65mph, which just won't cut it.
So I was dabbling with the idea of direct drive (maybe to the pumpkin) and was wondering if anyones done it with satisfying results, Like 80-100mph or so? if so what motor did you use?

Maybe an old series wound dc motor.

but I’ve taken the transmission and leaf motor in and out of my brat by hand, many times. Same with the volt battery modules.
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components