Ford Azure dynamics DMOC 645 inverter

sebas273

Ford Azure dynamics DMOC 645 inverter

Post by sebas273 »

Hi,
I have a Siemens motor with a Dmoc 645 inverter on the shelf for a very long time. In that time I did not have a lot of succes converting a car due to the fear of EMC regulations ECEr10 Now I read on the forum that car can be approved with ECE 10 compliance from the existing OEM electric verhicle in this case the ford transit electric connect. But how do I proof Tuv that the parts are from the transit electric connect?
sebas273

Re: Ford Azure dynamics DMOC 645 inverter

Post by sebas273 »

common VFD guys is there nobody that approved a car in the projects ran on the forum? I want to know what documents are necessary to provide to the check-up at government agencies ?
arber333

Post by arber333 »

sebas273 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:19 am Hi,
I have a Siemens motor with a Dmoc 645 inverter on the shelf for a very long time. In that time I did not have a lot of succes converting a car due to the fear of EMC regulations ECEr10 Now I read on the forum that car can be approved with ECE 10 compliance from the existing OEM electric verhicle in this case the ford transit electric connect. But how do I proof Tuv that the parts are from the transit electric connect?
I used Ampera inverter with Ampera battery and BMS and i provided papers of the cars from which they were taken out off. Same goes for brake pump and steering pump. Usually car parts have tags with P/N and S/N and regulators have their own database for type design where they can verify your claim. It is not a rule, it is just easier to convince regulators that your parts are not shady.
Sometimes they go into papers, but if you have evidence sorted out, they mostly deal with how stuff is mounted and how wiring is routed.

I would say if both motor and inverter were taken out of a single type design you have a good chance you can get it done with only P/N labels on motor and inverter. If not, they usually require EMC/EMP testing if you dont have any type reference.
sebas273

Post by sebas273 »

From the Ford transit connect or better Azure dynamics transit connect The parts do not come from the dismantled or damaged car, they have never been used and come from the Azure dynamics warehouse and as you might know the company does no longer exist..
Regulators claim also that controllers can create a different EMI. Indeed then everything should be OEM. Because yes everything that conducts electricity can create electro magnetic interference. If it is a true that only the beating heart like an OEM drive,motor dc/dc charger could approve EMC then we have good days converting cars.
collin80

Post by collin80 »

sebas273 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:00 pm From the Ford transit connect or better Azure dynamics transit connect The parts do not come from the dismantled or damaged car, they have never been used and come from the Azure dynamics warehouse and as you might know the company does no longer exist..
Regulators claim also that controllers can create a different EMI. Indeed then everything should be OEM. Because yes everything that conducts electricity can create electro magnetic interference. If it is a true that only the beating heart like an OEM drive,motor dc/dc charger could approve EMC then we have good days converting cars.
Contact Anne Kloppenborg of New Electric in The Netherlands. I'm pretty sure he took the time to get that combination certified in years past. I think he'd be the best person to talk to.
sebas273

Post by sebas273 »

Yes, he got it certified for himself together with a company called Rebbl and EVTV 10 years ago. But Azure dynamics also had certification otherwise these cars can not be sold in the European union. Does it mean, because it is OEM its certified, how do you proof authorities from the certification?
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

For my Touran I just made an extensive list of part numbers, that was enough. Everything I could get ahold of. Motor, inverter, contactors, even some cables have part numbers and I included them as well.

Just talk to the person who will inspect your vehicle, they'll tell you what they expect.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9