EM61 transaxle Parking lock Help

invokeperformance

EM61 transaxle Parking lock Help

Post by invokeperformance »

Hello I have a GEN 1 leaf EM61 transaxle, the parking lock is still engaged on the transmission. Does anyone know the actuator pinout to control and release the parking paw/LOCK ?
Isaac96

Re: EM61 transaxle Parking lock Help

Post by Isaac96 »

Don't know about gen1 but on gen2 one usually uses the good old vice-grips.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

invokeperformance wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:23 pm Hello I have a GEN 1 leaf EM61 transaxle, the parking lock is still engaged on the transmission. Does anyone know the actuator pinout to control and release the parking paw/LOCK ?
The motor is some form of stepper motor and needs certain phase shifted signal to move. I have the actual motor and control unit if you want to play with it. I decided it was just too much trouble to use shaft locking. Imagine if my DIY unit would fail in locked position on the road!!! Like Isaac said i used pliers and rotated until i heared a click and i could turn the driveshaft by hand.

EM61 is really good motor, sturdy and compact. Built with no savings in mind :). Later models were all optimised built, cost vs performancewise...
invokeperformance

arber333 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:19 pm
invokeperformance wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:23 pm Hello I have a GEN 1 leaf EM61 transaxle, the parking lock is still engaged on the transmission. Does anyone know the actuator pinout to control and release the parking paw/LOCK ?
The motor is some form of stepper motor and needs certain phase shifted signal to move. I have the actual motor and control unit if you want to play with it. I decided it was just too much trouble to use shaft locking. Imagine if my DIY unit would fail in locked position on the road!!! Like Isaac said i used pliers and rotated until i heared a click and i could turn the driveshaft by hand.

EM61 is really good motor, sturdy and compact. Built with no savings in mind :). Later models were all optimised built, cost vs performancewise...
Thanks for the response guys I think I will also use the pliers method. Once manually unlocked is there any chance if self reengagement with vibration?
arber333

Post by arber333 »

invokeperformance wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:53 pm
Thanks for the response guys I think I will also use the pliers method. Once manually unlocked is there any chance if self reengagement with vibration?
No, it has a knee inside that motor has to overcome to engage the lock. I have used Leaf motor in my car as is for halfh a year now and i think i am good.
invokeperformance

arber333 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:11 pm
No, it has a knee inside that motor has to overcome to engage the lock. I have used Leaf motor in my car as is for halfh a year now and i think i am good.
Thank you very helpful information!
jackyjoy123

Post by jackyjoy123 »

arber333 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:11 pm
thanks for the awesome information.