I need some help with JLC PCB

Isaac96

Re: I need some help with JLC PCB

Post by Isaac96 »

Hmm... Is it installed the right way?
On the new boards we've replaced the MP2359 with the pin and function compatible RT8259GE - great that's OOS at Digikey. Same with XRP7659 and AOZ1282CI-2.

Good luck sourcing semiconductor parts in this economy!
-Isaac
angusmf

Post by angusmf »

Isaac96 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:22 am Hmm... Is it installed the right way?

Good luck sourcing semiconductor parts in this economy!
-Isaac
We *think* it's installed the correct way. There's no dot or line on the chips we got, just text IF8BH. Googling that brings up a part, even related parts, but no datasheets. We oriented it with the "I" on the dot side, and the "H" on the far side, since that seems to be convention. There's another candidate for the problem, though. I have a 330uf cap next to the inductor where I was apparently supposed to order a 100uf. Might explain the small arcing if I connect the power jumpers after the PS is already on. Found and ordered new chips and caps, so we shall see. Shipping hurts, but qtys of 10 or less are easier to find.

Yesterday I wrote a bit of text in the new JLC guide on how to order any "missing" parts. Looks like I should include a line saying not to do it when you're tired.

Is there anywhere a bunch of known-good part substitutions are listed? Would like to include that in the guide.
Patreon supporter and mild troublemaker. You can be both.
Amoor

Post by Amoor »

Hi guys thank you all for replying here
Thanks johu and damion you guys are hero's
I am ordering these boards to do some testing and when my project is finished i will support damion and johu
On patrion

Now i got the car
And i am slowly buying and collecting parts
And i am thinking of documenting it on youtube will see what happens but i will make sure that i support damion and jahu

I have learned alot from damion he did hes best and he deserves all the support

god bless you all

and one last thing i prefer watching Damion's videos over funny cat videos