Military grade jamming

Discussion about various user interfaces such as web interface, displays and apps
Jack Bauer

Military grade jamming

Post by Jack Bauer »

Went out to do some work on the Deranged Rover. Found I couldn't connect to the wifi. Took logic board into shed. Connects fine. Back to car, no connection. Hours of fault finding ensues. Find I can't connect to any of my cars inverter wifi out in the drive. Take em into the shed, connect fine. Recently a company here started offering broadband over wifi. Grabbed a wifi analyser from the play store. Yep. Two masts blasting out signal over 10 channels! Changed one line of code in the esp8266 firmware to select channel 14. Perfect connections.

WiFi.softAP(server.arg("apSSID").c_str(), server.arg("apPW").c_str(),14); //set channel here
I'm going to need a hacksaw
MattsAwesomeStuff

Re: Military grade jamming

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

Well it's that or Big Oil doesn't like what you're doing, but is only interested in passive-aggressive interference. Sneaky.
Stephen Darbey

Re: Military grade jamming

Post by Stephen Darbey »

I can highly recommend an app called ' Inssider ' which I have used in the course of my day job. It graphically shows wifi activity and all overlapping channels. etc.

Just my penny's worth.

Regards
Stephen
SDev