Warning: OvarTech scam ??

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
prensel

Warning: OvarTech scam ??

Post by prensel »

Here's a short writeup and somewhat warning about my experience when dealing with the company called OvarTech from China.
OvarTech appears to develop and sell EV chargers and DCDC converters for a reasonable price.

For a certain project I was interested in their small sized 3.3kW chargers so decided to order three of them.
After initally requesting information and a price offering by email the communication very quickly headed to using Whatsapp.
A lady called Iris Guo was said to be the sales lady and was taking care of everything and the one to speak to.
So after writing some back and forth I decided to order and requested their payment details.

Then things went somewhat strange.
At first they didnt accept a creditcard payment, only pre-payment by Moneygram or wire transfer.
I insisted on using either creditcard or Paypal because that gave me the refund option that I wouldnt have using Moneygram or wiretransfer.

After some some messages back and forth they eventually provided me with a Paypal request but on a a totally different name/account.
I made the (first) payment by Paypal.
After the payment Iris replied to me that there was something wrong and she had to refund me and sent a new payment request. So the transfer was refunded and a new payment request appeared.
Again I made the (second) payment, and the same thing happened. Iris replied there was something wrong and she had to return the money and again resend a different payment request.
So fo the third time I made the (third) transfer and guess what... Iris complained again there was something wrong. She had to return the funds to me and would supply me with a different payment request.
So the fourth payment request came but this time it was from a Paypal account in Canada and I had the pay the equivalent amount in Canadian Dollars....

In the meantime my creditcard supplier had blocked my creditcard for suspicious activities referring to the three back and forth transfers on the same day for a total amount of almost U$5000 using Paypal.

After paying (fourth) the request with the Canadian dollars the waiting started for the goods ro arrive.

One week later I consulted Iris on whatsapp what the status was and she wanted me to confirm the reception of the goods to release the money on Paypal to their account before they could sent me anything...
So after talking to Paypal about that to see if my buyer protection was still in place when doing that I confirmed the reception of the goods without actually having seen anything but ok..

Then things went silent.... after a week I consulted Iris again about the status and she said the goods where in HongKong ready to be shipped to me in Europe within a few days... (I'd paid USD230 for express shipping... 2 weeks ago....)

Again a week passed and nothing happened so again I consulted Iris on Whatsapp
Where the first contacts by Whatsapp were very promptly I noticed it took now some days for her to reply to me... like stalling or something...Agasin promisses that everything was on route to me but she couldnt provide me with a tracking number or anything..

So four weeks after the initial payment and confirmation that the goods would be express shipped within a few days still nothing had arrived. There was no tracking information, no goods, nothing.

I consulted Iris and said I would request a refund from Paypal if she didnt supply me with some proof of shipment.
Again some days of silence and then she suddenly replied I would recieve the goods any day now...

Last week I have opened a complaint using Paypal buyer protection and they investigated the whole matter.
They seem to have contacted the seller (whoever that might be) and yesterday my complaint was confirmed an the money returned on my account.

So, whats going on with this OvarTech ?
Is this a big scam, or is their email hacked or something and are other people faking their sales departement or something ?
So for anyone who's considering dealing with these people: be warned !

I know some other people like Ian from Zeva had similar experiences and suddenly after some monthe their goods arrived on the doormat out of the blue. If this will happen I will of course pay the funds to the authentic seller but at this time I have no clue who that might be...

Paul
= Th!nk PIV4 Collection, support, sales =