Thank you

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
chrskly

Thank you

Post by chrskly »

I just wanted to kick off a thread to say thank you to all of the people on this forum who are putting in an absolutely monumental amount of work to forge a path for the rest of us to follow. I can say with absolute certainty that if it weren't for them my chances of success would be a lot, lot lower. I still have a lot of work to do on my project, but I can see the path ahead, and that's very much thanks to the tireless and often thankless work of others.

In particular I want to thank Damien and Kevin. That's not to say that there aren't other people doing a lot here, that's just my personal experience/exposure since I attended one of the conversion courses. Damien, you're some sort of powerhouse mad scientist and I'm in awe. If manage to pull off even a tiny fraction of what you have, I'll be delighted.

My day job involves a lot of open source software, and I've seen it time and time again. A small number of people working on something which benefits many. And so often, the work goes under-appreciated. So, I encourage you all to take a few moments to say thanks to anyone who has helped you here. It will only take a moment, and will mean the world to that person.
ZooKeeper

Re: Thank you

Post by ZooKeeper »

Agreed.

Had I not stumbled on this site, my 20+ year dream of a DIY EV would not be as close to a reality as it now is.... Missing only the vehicle!
Huebner VCU controlling a Gen2 Prius Inverter powering an MGR
"Talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not." - Leila Janah
slanceley

Post by slanceley »

Agreed! Big thanks to Damien, Kevin and anyone else who gives their time and expertise to this community.

There's no way I could ever have afforded my project if it wasn't for their generosity and knowledge.
Thank you for putting up with my endless newbie questions! One day I hope I can actually contribute too!
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Absolutely this.

I discovered the New Electric course via this site and doing that has literally been life changing. Stuff I only vaguely dreamed about ("You're thinking of making an electric motorbike? Ha, what an idiot!!") is now 100% possible for me. Even a whole new career. Progress is slow (isn't it always?), but I get a real blast from kicking random ideas around, learning from those who willingly make all the mistakes so I don't have to - and hopefully sharing tiny morsels of my own limited knowledge gleaned along the way.

Damien, Johannes, Kevin, Paul Compton, Fiachra, Mouse, Jaanus, Julian and (oh man I knew this was a mistake...) everyone else on this site that's freely given valuable help advice & support: thank you! :D
rstevens81

Post by rstevens81 »

I'll say thank you to the many contributors to the ev community on many forums (remember Paul Holmes 100hp DC controller got Damian involved in this many eons ago).
I just hope that I can give back a little as I progress.
As always I wish I could do more but the reality big life, covid, family etc slow things down, just wish to give appreciation whom have given far more than they probably should have.
Rule 1 of EV Club is don't buy a rust bucket....
Which rule does everyone forget 🤪
nkiernan

Post by nkiernan »

Absolutely, a massive thank you to all the forum members, and to Damien and Kevin and Johannes in particular.

I saw a fiat 500 EV project on YouTube one evening and it sparked a thought, could I actually do that (with lots of help!)! Was always a big fan of the BMW E31 series so started searching for EV E31 inspiration and who did I find!!! The one and only 'You're doing it wrong!' and his legendary Panzer project :lol: 114 or so videos later and that was it, I was going to see what I could do.

Was lucky enough to get to do the course with Kevin and Damian last August between the lock downs and restrictions, and what a fantastic weekend. Met a great group of people and got some invaluable guidance and training from the two gentlemen. The weekend was so inspiring I think most of the attendees had started buying parts off Ebay before the course was over.

Not long after the course, the project plan was in place, the parts were arriving from all over the world and its been a joy to investigate and learn and ask for help and get support.

So thank you all for your time and efforts, and I hope the base you've been building can continue to grow and give back soon :)