CAN message gain

Peter

CAN message gain

Post by Peter »

HI Forum. Is it possible to set a divider in the gain area when mapping a CAN message ? I am transmitting 'Turns' to use for odometer but would like to divide the Turns value by 422 so Turns increments by 1 every 1/10th mile. Fingers crossed its possible :-) Thanks. Peter
EV_Builder

Re: CAN message gain

Post by EV_Builder »

Cant the receiving party do that? makes perhaps more sense because they know the ratio?
If i understand correctly what you want you also would need something like a counter so when you have sended the message you reset to zero and next time you send the delta, not?
Converting an Porsche Panamera
see http://www.wdrautomatisering.nl for bespoke BMS modules.
Mojave

Post by Mojave »

Peter wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:41 am HI Forum. Is it possible to set a divider in the gain area when mapping a CAN message ? I am transmitting 'Turns' to use for odometer but would like to divide the Turns value by 422 so Turns increments by 1 every 1/10th mile. Fingers crossed its possible :-) Thanks. Peter
Couldn't you use (1/422) as the gain? i.e. use a gain of 0.0023697 (that's 1/422) as the gain?
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks for the ideas. I can indeed divide the CAN by 422 in software but was trying to reduce the loop time on my Arduino.