Web interface improvements

Discussion about various user interfaces such as web interface, displays and apps
Leo M

Re: Web interface improvements

Post by Leo M »

In my version, it looks like this...)
Attachments
74DD7634-D730-4910-9BDC-47CF487B14C5.png
A1736C12-AFCD-4F58-96FC-F7FC5EB936BE.png
0894A7DD-A6EF-4A7D-8E76-4F184F1EAE06.png
801C8346-BD8E-4846-A969-23C36976E539.png
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Strange! Lately i went on to program several Wemos D1 mini modules. I tried Original, Dimas code as well as newer code by chrskly. Neither would show parameters. Is there something that interferes with parameters? Olimex ESP8266 mod with really old code works just fine! I tried to swap tx/rx cables to no effect.

Anyone has a .bin file for Wemos D1 mini that works? tnx
chrskly

Post by chrskly »

arber333 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:56 am Strange! Lately i went on to program several Wemos D1 mini modules. I tried Original, Dimas code as well as newer code by chrskly. Neither would show parameters. Is there something that interferes with parameters? Olimex ESP8266 mod with really old code works just fine! I tried to swap tx/rx cables to no effect.

Anyone has a .bin file for Wemos D1 mini that works? tnx
If the params aren't showing, then it's likely a javascript error or a file missing from the web interface. Can you post a screengrab of what the developer console on your browser is showing? To do this on chrome, firefox, or edge, right click on anywhere in the web page, and then click on 'inspect'. Then click on the 'console' tab.

Here are grabs from firefox and chrome from my laptop.
firefox-debug.png
chrome-debug.png
What method did you use to upgrade the web interface? Arduino > ESP8266 Sketch Data Upload ?
arber333

Post by arber333 »

chrskly wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:50 am What method did you use to upgrade the web interface? Arduino > ESP8266 Sketch Data Upload ?
Yes i uploaded ino code and then uploaded spiffs via arduino option.

I will post my screen grab later when i am at my work PC.
Bratitude

Post by Bratitude »

I’m going to have to take a crack at this, and make a dark mode. Maybe a invert function and a hue flip
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components
chrskly

Post by chrskly »

Bratitude wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:42 pm I’m going to have to take a crack at this, and make a dark mode. Maybe a invert function and a hue flip
Cool idea. All it would take really is tweaking the colour settings in the CSS.
chrskly

Post by chrskly »

OK, I've submitted a pull request to @johu. If I don't draw a line under it, I'll keep adding features forever :P

I'm going to call this v2.0 if that's OK.

If you're willing to test it out, that would be great!

I'll try and summarise what I've done.
* Broke up site into separate sections.
* Added some icons/colour to make it look a bit nicer.
* Added a 'dashboard' page with status, command box, and 'messages' box.
* Added a 'beta features' toggle to hide/show certain features.
* Re-worked a lot of flows, e.g. install firmware, subscribe params, apply params from file, etc.
* Table headers stay visible.
* Changes to params apply straight away - don't need to hit enter.
* Added button to cancel param db subscription.
* CAN mapping broken out from params area to separate section.
* Added 'files' section to see files on spiffs, and buttons to delete/upload.
* Absorbed data logger into main site.
* Added launch button for syncofs tuner to make it more visible.
* Re-worked plot and datalogger field selection. No longer in params, but selected with dynamic menu.
* Added mouseover tooltips for params/spot values to explain their values - take from wiki docs. Some are still missing here.
* Started an over-the-air firmware update feature - incomplete.

I'm SURE people will find bugs. So, if you do, please post a description here and I'll take a look and try to fix it.
MattsAwesomeStuff

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

chrskly wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:45 amOK, I've submitted a pull request to @johu. If I don't draw a line under it, I'll keep adding features forever :P
Go on... :p

Great work. I think it's a more intuitive and beginner-friendly by miles.
Leo M

Post by Leo M »

Great job! Well done! Thank you for the idea and work....
chrskly

Post by chrskly »

Thanks for the positive feedback folks :)
chrskly

Post by chrskly »

Anyone have a chance to try this out?
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

I'm testing it right now. Have to say I'm very delighted by how nice it looks. Also the popup parameter description is very cool. A few quirks I found:
  1. In the dash board I only get a spinning wheel in the upper left rectangle, not sure whats supposed to be there?
  2. In parameters I can toggle category visibility but the periodic update undoes this after a few seconds
  3. When I change a parameter I need to navigate back to the dash board to confirm it was set ok
  4. When I add a CAN mapping and want to save it I suppose I have to navigate to parameters and press "Save" there? Maybe add that same button in Actions
  5. In the very nice file overview I don't see the *.bin files which are the most likely candidates for deletion
  6. Maybe disable auto refresh while plotting because that halts the plot or allow disabling it manually
Thanks very much for your hard work!
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
chrskly

Post by chrskly »

johu wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:49 am I'm testing it right now. Have to say I'm very delighted by how nice it looks. Also the popup parameter description is very cool. A few quirks I found:
  1. In the dash board I only get a spinning wheel in the upper left rectangle, not sure whats supposed to be there?
  2. In parameters I can toggle category visibility but the periodic update undoes this after a few seconds
  3. When I change a parameter I need to navigate back to the dash board to confirm it was set ok
  4. When I add a CAN mapping and want to save it I suppose I have to navigate to parameters and press "Save" there? Maybe add that same button in Actions
  5. In the very nice file overview I don't see the *.bin files which are the most likely candidates for deletion
  6. Maybe disable auto refresh while plotting because that halts the plot or allow disabling it manually
Hi johu, thanks a lot for the feedback!

1. It's supposed to show a few key values - status, opmode, last error, udc, inverter temp. Perhaps one of these is not present for you? Could you check the console on your browser for any errors?

2. Yes, I see that also. I'll have a look at this.

3. Hmm, good point. I'll add in some visual feedback to confirm that a param has been set successfully.

4. Again, yep, I see that too. Perhaps it should call a save automatically when a new can mapping is added.

5. Oh really? hmm, OK, I'll check on that.

6. I don't see this behaviour. But I will turn off auto-refresh automatically when a plot is started. It's simple to do.

I did notice one other issue myself. When the inverter is in Run or ManualRun you can't save params. But a message to warn you about this shows up in the messages box, which you can't see when you're on the params page. This caught me out a couple of times because I forgot to stop the inverter before editing params. I'll add in some visual feedback/warning for this.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

1. Screenshot attached. It checks for status which in my case is 48 (two flags set). It doesn't handle flag channels so return undefined. Check Spot values implementation on handling (multiple) flags. While debugging I also noticed it calls cmd=json twice.

4. Please no autosaving! I experiment a lot with parameters and CAN mappings and am happy I can just forget them with a restart
Of course you could add optional autosaving as another toggle switch for those who prefer it
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-08-20 09-43-36.png
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Hmm, nevermind #5 now the files show up.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Did you get a chance to look at it?

EDIT: one more thing: would anybody like to try to implement WebSocket? This would be very useful for the plot I believe in terms of less delay between bursts.
chrskly

Post by chrskly »

Hey, been quite busy the last while, so I've not had a chance to look at those fixes @johu. I will swing back around to it soon - hopefully the next week or two.

Websockets sounds interesting. I guess that would require implementing it on the 'server' side too. Might have a stab at that if no one else does.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Just merged the new ui to the ui-rework branch. I also made a change to allow mapping parameters to CAN bus. I noticed the items in the drop down are out of sync. So when I flash a new software new parameters don't show up even though they do show under "parameters"
chrskly

Post by chrskly »

johu wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:49 am I'm testing it right now. Have to say I'm very delighted by how nice it looks. Also the popup parameter description is very cool. A few quirks I found:
Spent a little time on this this evening.

#2 This is fixed now. The categories stay collapsed/expanded after an automatic refresh.

#3 I've added a little popup when a param is changed. This might get annoying over time, so we might need to adjust this further.

#4 I've added a save button to the CAN mapping page as you suggested.

Still need to work on #1 and #6. Thanks for the tip on #1, that would have probably taken me much longer to work out otherwise.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Brilliant! will check it out later.
geduxaz

Post by geduxaz »

Started using this "theme" :) some comments:
1. If save parameters during run, I get "parameters saved" popup, but parameters are not saved, as I remember it is not allowed. I stopped and changed some parameters, "saved" them and lost them :) later I remembered to stop inverter before saving.
2. Can we somehow save plot info to excel csv or any other way to export it?
3. Refresh button for fast Spot values reload (not to way for auto refresh)?
chrskly

Post by chrskly »

Thanks for the feedback.
geduxaz wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:35 pm Started using this "theme" :) some comments:
1. If save parameters during run, I get "parameters saved" popup, but parameters are not saved, as I remember it is not allowed. I stopped and changed some parameters, "saved" them and lost them :) later I remembered to stop inverter before saving.
Yeah, I need to fix this. You can't save params unless the inverter is stopped.
geduxaz wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:35 pm Started using this "theme" :) some comments:
2. Can we somehow save plot info to excel csv or any other way to export it?
Does the Data Logger page do what you're looking for?
geduxaz wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:35 pm 3. Refresh button for fast Spot values reload (not to way for auto refresh)?
Hmm, yeah, maybe an actual button to do an on-demand refresh.
geduxaz

Post by geduxaz »

Also autorefresh stops plotting during refresh.
Also if i try to change a value in parameters and autorefresh happens it can put wrong number into parameter. Like i am entering 54321 and autorefresh happens and parameter is saved 543.
Romale

Post by Romale »

Leo M wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:31 pm I have already finished my release with your ideas.... but I do it for my users in Russian.
Greetings.
Is it possible to download your interface somewhere, or does it not support the openinverter policy in its accessibility to the community?
evil neodymium :twisted:
Leo M

Post by Leo M »

Romale wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:21 pm Greetings.
Is it possible to download your interface somewhere, or does it not support the openinverter policy in its accessibility to the community?
Да Роман возможно. Пишите в личку в телеграм. )