Leaf gen 2 inverter board help "Solved Kind of"

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
monabuild

Leaf gen 2 inverter board help "Solved Kind of"

Post by monabuild »

Hey all,
This is the first time putting 12v to my board and I’m not having any luck connecting to the WiFi. I have watched others videos and it looks like I should be getting green lights on the board when it is powered on. Which I’m only getting red blinking? So did I solder something wrong or am I just an idiot?
Attachments
9BAC8FA9-F9A1-400C-B2F0-802194CDA702.jpeg
E46Driver

Re: Leaf gen 2 inverter board help

Post by E46Driver »

Hey monabuild it looks like you bought the Gen 2 kit, is that correct?

The LEDs on my kit are red also, but works just fine. So far I have had success with an old Acer netbook, Android phone, and Windows 7 laptop.

What device are you using to try connect? Can you see the WiFi network on your device?
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

E46Driver wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:40 am Hey monabuild it looks like you bought the Gen 2 kit, is that correct?
Yup gen 2 kit is right, I’m able to see the inverter5 on a google tablet; however on my laptop that has windows 10 it doesn’t show up. That’s why I was wondering about the light color thinking, maybe it was a error light. That’s good to know yours is red as well.
Also with the google tablet it only shows for a moment then claims it can’t connect. Maybe I can reset my devices and try again, I’m sure it’s something silly. I have a few older laptops I can try as well.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Yes LEDs look correct. Wifi module is always red, gives one green blink at startup and later during communication. The mainboard also has one solid red indicating 3V3 rail and one blinking red. Maybe your power supply is dodgy? Check the 3V3 rail e.g. at the tab of the regulator next to IC2
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

Im new to all this board terminology am I looking at the correct connections? If so they all look clean and free of issues solder wise. Im using a 12v source that’s testing fully charged. Here are some images the lights come on red and I do get the green blink. It’s just not connecting to the inverter or accessing the link 192.168.4.1 .

I’m a pretty new to all this I can fabricate anything but when it come to software or pcb’s I’m basically a child.
Attachments
1C934ACD-7E89-4225-93BF-6AE6D0778DB1.jpeg
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

This is the female side of that pin header on the larger pcb. Which looks free and clear solder wise as well.
Attachments
206946B7-B5F4-492B-A4F8-9F1771F7D3AD.jpeg
E46Driver

Post by E46Driver »

The Olimex WiFi runs on 3.3 volts - supplied by the LM1117 voltage regulator (beside IC2 that johu referred to). Ensure the voltage is correct and the ground is good. Check the WiFi header connections and ensure there are no bent or damaged pins. Also check the back side for cold solder joints - especially the 3v3 and GND pins.
Main 3v3.jpg
LM1117-Voltage-Regulator-Pinout.png
https://www.olimex.com/Products/IoT/ESP ... e-hardware
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

Thanks E46Driver ill do some testing
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

Ok after some testing the LM1117 output is 3.cv the input is 4.9v. The 3v3 I am seeing 3.2v so everything is testing correctly. Maybe its my computer that is the issue.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Do you see any flickering on the red LED of the wifi module?
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

its solid red Johu, can i ask does browser matter to the http://192.168.4.1? Or should the wifi just connect me to the interface? It seems like it should be simple however it sure doesnt feel that way ive been stumped for a few days now. Guess ill just click around on the forum till maybe i find my answer. The best ive gotten so far is that everything tested with the correct voltage. Also i can get the amazon tablet to connect for a moment but claims it cant access the ip Address.
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

No luck yet going to try and clean up the solder connections and see if that will help solve the issue. Also might get another little computer to try the WiFi on that.
E46Driver

Post by E46Driver »

Sounds like it might be a computer-related issue. Maybe some firewall or antivirus settings which don't like communicating with that IP. Good news is all the voltages look correct. Let us know how you make out with a new computer.
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

Update!!!!
So I still wasn't having luck connecting to the inverter5 network via wifi on any device. So i thought maybe its the wifi module thats the issue, lucky i have bought a tesla pcs control board from damien. This had a wifi module included named ESP-03F794 so i plug that in and bam! there it is!!! So this network isnt password protected but i am able to access the 192.168.4.1 link and see the Huebner Inverter Management page. So i guess my next question is can i buy a replacement wifi module for the inverter somewhere?
monabuild

Re: Leaf gen 2 inverter board help "Solved Kind of"

Post by monabuild »

I'm including thisviewtopic.php?f=5&t=2001 in the thread so that if anyone in the future runs into this issue its worth trying another wifi olimex just for trouble shooting.