nissan note e-power

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
earthman

nissan note e-power

Post by earthman »

ноут.jpg
hi, does anyone know how the nissan note e-power inverter works? there is an idea to use its 2 generator motors to build an electric car
ноут2.jpg
jalovick

Re: nissan note e-power

Post by jalovick »

I've just ordered the motor set and am looking for an inverter to play with myself. The main motor is a well documented EM57, and the 2021 and newer models will have an EM47 that is smaller and more powerful. There are 2WD and 4WD configurations.

I've gathered some part numbers:
- Inverter (likely FWD version)- 291A0-5WK0A, and I've seen a 291A0-6XK0A (the last digits seem to relate to the model or variant of the vehicle)
- Generator (FWD) - 290C0-5WK0A
- Generator (AWD) - 290D0-5WK0A
- EM57 - 290A0-5WK0A

5WK0A seems to relate to the HE12 Note e-Power and 6XK0A seems to relate to the HE13 Note e-Power.

The newer Nismo S version (2016 or 2018 onward) has a 100 kW capable inverter.

I'm not sure if anyone on the forum has played with the setup, but it may be fairly similar to the Nissan Leaf.

Jamie
Scrappyjoe

Post by Scrappyjoe »

Subscribed - I want to transplant an e-power power plant into my vanagon in 2025, so here to learn.
Scrappyjoe

Post by Scrappyjoe »

Jamie, do you have any good resources on how the system functions? I’ve got a lot of questions about how it all works together but all I can find are Nissan promo materials and Facebook groups.

I’m trying to find out things like if the ICE & generator unit can be manually controlled via canbus, what voltage the little battery pack is, how the handoff from battery to generator power works etc.
mabubakar44mb

Post by mabubakar44mb »

First of all mg2 and mg1 are separate mechanically in this nissan note e power unit. The ICE is only run mg1 and its charge the HV Battery. There to power modules 1 is for control the mg2 and 2nd is to start the ICE and after starting its use as charging the HV battery. You can see the videos about its mechanism. I also want to use the complete setup to make an EV car where I can use mg1 for charging the battery system when ever i am going on long tour because at this time we don't have charging stations in my country like fuel stations. If any one have an idea how to get start ICE with its own ECU and wiring.
Scrappyjoe

Post by Scrappyjoe »

Well I don’t know where you live but if I were to try this I would look for salvage Notes in Japan and ship across the entire car. Then I’d strip everything off, incrementally deleting error codes in the ECU until I had isolated the ICE, two motors, battery and pedal. Then I’d install it in another car.

Looks to me from googling that a damaged/written off ePower goes for anywhere between $2000 and 7000 depending on the amount of damage.