ZombieVerter VCU Support

streber

Re: ZombieVerter VCU Support

Post by streber »

Are MG1/2 temp supposed to work out of the box or do I need to replace the bias resistor?
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

streber wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:22 pm @johu I found that the master branch is pulling a version of libopeninv that isn't remapping the CAN2 pins. I see remap support is in the newer versions of libopeninv. Do you have a preference on how to resolve this? I see a branch for updating libopeninv but not sure the state of it.
I made an improvement for the lib who reads which AF IO is set and then initializes CAN accordingly.

This weekend I will commit to my GitHub branch.
Converting an Porsche Panamera
see http://www.wdrautomatisering.nl for bespoke BMS modules.
paaa

Post by paaa »

streber wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:46 pm Are MG1/2 temp supposed to work out of the box or do I need to replace the bias resistor?
I don't think they do unless I did something wrong as mine read 6400deg c at 9 deg c.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Just to advise folks I will make an updated VCU kit build video soon. Due to ongoing component shortages and some price gouging there will be a different set of parts that need to be assembled by the end user. The design HAS NOT changed nor will it. Just some of the part placements. I refuse to get pulled into the circle of never ending price increases which then put the board out of reach of the very audience to which its aimed.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
streber

Post by streber »

paaa wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:40 pm
streber wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:46 pm Are MG1/2 temp supposed to work out of the box or do I need to replace the bias resistor?
I don't think they do unless I did something wrong as mine read 6400deg c at 9 deg c.
I patched mine to limit the readings to the min and max set by the sensor so it at least stops throwing errors or derating:
https://github.com/streber42/Stm32-vcu/ ... a44386ecb7

I'll clean that up and send a pull request at some point.

In the GS450H support thread they were talking about having to replace the 1.8K resistor with a 47K or 110K to get a meaningfully voltage range.
paaa

Post by paaa »

streber wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:00 am
paaa wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:40 pm
I patched mine to limit the readings to the min and max set by the sensor so it at least stops throwing errors or derating:
https://github.com/streber42/Stm32-vcu/ ... a44386ecb7

I'll clean that up and send a pull request at some point.

In the GS450H support thread they were talking about having to replace the 1.8K resistor with a 47K or 110K to get a meaningfully voltage range.
Perfect , I'll probably patch mine on the wiring loom side so zombie can be stock hardware wise.
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Does anyone have a solution for KOPPI's post on December 11th 2021 as I have exactly the same problem.
If reverse is selected when the throttle is applied the motor runs at a constant speed in the reverse direction and no throttle or brake input makes any differance. The only way to stop the motor is to take the reverse input off and put a forward input in, or power off the system.

Thanks
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

Hi dadiowe it had todo with the throttle parameters if I'm right.
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Thanks for the reply EV_Builder, I have played with the settings but I don't seem to have had any success. Can you give me anymore info.

Thanks
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

Did you try older versions?
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Funny, I was thinking to try this but I am not sure where to find them without compiling which to me seems a "very dark art". I think I was using Damiens version that came out around mid December. I noticed that you have contributed to the recent updates. Is there an "idiots guide to compiling the code anywhere?
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

Normally it's written in GitHub readme. It depends on your OS.
Most easy is using Ubuntu.
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

My knowledge is so good I thought Ubuntu was an Island!
I will see if I can find an earlier version. I think I have seen one in Damiens posts somewhere.
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Ok I admit it. I have spent 3 days trying to get the dark art of compiling working but it is just not in my skill set.

I have an issue with reverse running constantly when the throttle is applied and released. I have 1 compiled .bin file that Damien AKA Jack put in this forum last October and a very good suggestion from EV_Builder to try a different .bin file.

Apparently if you know how to do it it takes a couple of seconds to compile the file. Could I desperately ask some kind person to compile a bin file from the latest master file on Damien Maguires Github.

Or if some kind person could give a detailed description of how to compile the code it would probably help a few of us on here.

Thanks
PaulHeystee

Post by PaulHeystee »

Hi Dadlowe,
I managed to do it with the help of my son-in-law, he is a professional programmer.
What he told me to use was Visual Studio Code, without being able to show the menus etc it will not be easy to explain, especially by some first timer like me :-)
I can run a 'make' that creates a .bin file. please see the attached file.
It makes my board blink so I assume it works.
Attachments

[The extension bin has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Thanks Paulheystee, I am out today but I will let you know how I get on.
paaa

Post by paaa »

PaulHeystee wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:14 pm Hi Dadlowe,
I managed to do it with the help of my son-in-law, he is a professional programmer.
What he told me to use was Visual Studio Code, without being able to show the menus etc it will not be easy to explain, especially by some first timer like me :-)
I can run a 'make' that creates a .bin file. please see the attached file.
It makes my board blink so I assume it works.
Did anyone successfully load this .bin?
I did it through wifi and finished rebooted started up activity flashes 1s on 1s off ,but again no parameters. After this did update using stink but same result after erase. Do I have to flash the blank .bin and clear the wifi module using cmd listed earlier? Am I missing something? Will try with another OS have tried Mac and windows now to get ubuntu vm setup.
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Thanks for the file PaulHeystee, just tried the .bin file, unfortunately the activity light is slower than the working file I had and the parameters were missing but at least you could get it to compile. Flashed the blank .bin file and then the old .bin file from Damien from around mid October and back to a working system except reverse is not working correctly.
Has anyone else got a working .bin file we could try please?
paaa

Post by paaa »

I have one I compiled but seems the same happy to pm it for you to try as don't want to share if doesn't work.
paaa

Post by paaa »

Latest update is same flashing light using my compile of strebers modified code above. I don't know is this down to how I complied it.
@streber could you share your .bin or .hex file so I can compare to see where it differs from mine.
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Would it not be possible when the master file is altered on github that a checked copiled .bin and .hex file are also on Github so that those that are struggling to figure out if they have compiled something correctly or people like me who do not have the knowledge to compile anyway might be able to use the files?
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Further information. EV_Builder kindly sent me a compiled .bin file and that also has the same problem.

Still, look on the bright side it seems paaa and paulheystee compiling skills are pretty good.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Yes a continuous build is possible on Github with something like TravisCI. Sadly I don't have the time right now to do this. Regards the reverse issue on the Leaf motor I ran my bench rig in both directions without problems so I'd suggest looking at what else may be wrong. I'm not saying its not software but don't get fixated would be my advice.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

Maybe it helps if the config is posted to GitHub also.
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

Thanks for the reply Jack / Damien I know you are up to your neck in floor levelling at the moment (not literally I hope).

Just to clarify there are 2 issues here.

1, The .bin file that was published on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:07 am, page 6 of this thread, is the file that Reverse selection has a throttle response problem where the motor runs at a constant speed, in the reverse direction, after the throttle is pressed. But, when the throttle is released the motor continues to run until forward position is selected or the system is switched of. This is the same issue Koppi had, see post page 10, Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:12 am on this thread.

2, I can't confirm whether this is software related because the current github file, when compiled for me by 3 different people (paaa, paul and ev_builder) does not work on 3 different Zombiverters, that is mine, paaa's and pauls.

Question, do we have to update the .hex file as well?
Also what version of the sofware are you using Damien? If it's the one from Oct 31 then I need to look elswhere for the issue!!

This may be a problem with my dubious soldering skills on the board but it is difficult to know.