The ZombieVerter VCU Project

angusmf

Re: The ZombieVerter VCU Project

Post by angusmf »

Electro Wrks wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:51 pm Shouldn't this info be on a Wiki somewhere?
Yeah, maybe several of them...
Patreon supporter and mild troublemaker. You can be both.
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

Electro Wrks wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:51 pm Before the tool is used to unlock individual pins, the white plastic primary lock in the body of the connector needs to be slid sideways, with a small screwdriver, to unlock and lock all of the pins in the connector.
Shouldn't this info be on a Wiki somewhere?
Write it there and post the link here :) then you write once and it will be found more often :) good advice btw.
Converting an Porsche Panamera
see http://www.wdrautomatisering.nl for bespoke BMS modules.
Bassmobile

Post by Bassmobile »

Got my boards today! Thanks Jack ;-)

I need to fit the MCP25625's, Jack included the parts with my boards. Anybody done a video on fitting this part? Should I make a video?
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

Electro Wrks wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:51 pm PNs confirmed. A Google search shows they are available as repair parts from US Toyota stocks. I've forgotten where the pins(2 sizes) are available. You could salvage them with a length of lead from other harnesses. Also, salvaged pins and leads have the nice little sealing rings on them. The tool for unlocking the pins can be made from a squared-off(by careful grinding) regular or extra long push pin. The unlock holes are the small rectangular ones next to the larger pin holes.

Before the tool is used to unlock individual pins, the white plastic primary lock in the body of the connector needs to be slid sideways, with a small screwdriver, to unlock and lock all of the pins in the connector.
Shouldn't this info be on a Wiki somewhere?
The repair pins are very expensive, I did find a part number for compatible crimp, I posted details, they were either tyco or sutimo crimps.

Agree with the others regarding the wiki, we need a page dedicated to the use of these Toyota inverters unmodified. I will try set one up now.
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

I've started a wiki page for the use of Toyota Inverters un-modified, this page will also contain information regarding connectors etc... please add any information you have. https://openinverter.org/wiki/ToyotaInverters
Bassmobile

Post by Bassmobile »

That MPC25625 was a nasty little bugger to fit onto the Zombie Brain! I hope I got all those pads nice and seated.
PXL_20210707_235545932.jpg
PXL_20210707_235534588.jpg
PXL_20210707_235528100.jpg
PXL_20210707_235211716.jpg
PXL_20210707_235145799.jpg
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

I'm having issues programming the GD Processor with the ST LinkV3. I'm attempting a 3 wire connection via the SWCLK and SWDIO pins, with the board powered of 12V.

From memory i was able to communicate with this board before in this way, I'm wondering have i some how managed to disable the SWDIO interface again.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

In another project I had accidently assigned an analog input to one of the SWD pins (PA15). Then I couldn't connect. If you manually hold it in reset, you should be able to connect. Check the firmware you're running for use of the SWD pins. SWD worked fine with my GD MCU.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. So i got out an old ST discovery board and can connect no problem to the GD device using them pins, which is strange as my other genuine ST programmer is fairly new.
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

Jack Bauer wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:00 am Bootloader is different due to 2k page size on the 105. Will upload later. Meanwhile here is a hex.
I have finally gotten time to test the classes i've developed on the GD Zombie hardware. I can communicate with the GD32 CPU no problem, via the discover board / SDO interface. I've flashed the bootloader but am seeing no communications from the unit, not even the bootloader outputting it's "2" value on start up.

I've checked all USARTs, although i believe the bootloader just uses USART3. I'm seeing the 8MHZ clock once i flash with an application, if I erase the application the clock goes away too.
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

Dilbert wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:44 am I'm having issues programming the GD Processor with the ST LinkV3. I'm attempting a 3 wire connection via the SWCLK and SWDIO pins, with the board powered of 12V.

From memory i was able to communicate with this board before in this way, I'm wondering have i some how managed to disable the SWDIO interface again.
My programmer complained about not being a real ST cpu. That meant only with OpenOCD and disabling there the check was left. I ended up replaceing the LQFP100 package ...with a ebay STchip.

Still struggling with the IDE though.
arturk

Post by arturk »

EV_Builder wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:55 am Still struggling with the IDE though.
There is a lot of useful info regarding IDE in the thread you started:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1695

YouTube video by Embedded Geek is excellent.
Is it not working for you?
1998 Jaguar XJR, GS450h drivetrain, 48kWh/96s BMW battery
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Release boards have arrived and will ship to customers in the next week. They now have the ST mcu fitted.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

Jack Bauer wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:02 am Release boards have arrived and will ship to customers in the next week. They now have the ST mcu fitted.
Good to see STM32's back in stock, hopefully the global supply chain is catching up.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Hopefully:) I'll do a setup video also hopefully for release next weekend.
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

I'll see what CPU's i have, i think i have some 105's, i'll order some 107's. For now i'll test my classes on the older version...
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

I've flipped back to the older hardware and the concept / classes i've developed actually work, so i need to start to layer in the functionality into these.

I want to get the routing of the CAN messages tested, I'll test this out on the ISA Shunt i have here and the OutlanderCharger, I'll then move onto the ToyotaComms. My handling/routing of the CAN messages isn't that efficient, but shouldn't be a major issue as the VCU isn't doing a massive amount of processing, unlike the FOC firmware etc...
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

I have the CAN working now where the frames are routed to the various CAN Methods in each class.

For anyone interested the fork is here https://github.com/dpowelltu/Stm32-vcu
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Excellent. I'll send you a ST part.
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

Jack Bauer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:26 pm Excellent. I'll send you a ST part.
Perfect thanks for that.

I've drawn up a class diagram for what has been done so far, this doesn't include any vehicle logic to the classes which will be used to represent Inverters, chargers, vehicles and shuts. Many of the attributes / methods aren't on the diagram, but it should give people the idea.
Attachments
VCUClassDiagram.png
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

The base class should be the first tobe drawn in the schematic.
Then from that you can draw the instances. In that way they inherit the interface (in our design).

Nice that you do this all :)
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

It's that time again. Time where I rip off anothers hard work and pass it off as my own. Johannes is the victim (again). Chademo and traction control on their way to the ZombieVerter VCU.
bobby_come_lately

Post by bobby_come_lately »

Jack Bauer wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:53 pm It's that time again. Time where I rip off anothers hard work and pass it off as my own. Johannes is the victim (again). Chademo and traction control on their way to the ZombieVerter VCU.
For a man who was supposedly going to be focused on other stuff for a while, you're getting an awful lot done! It's all very welcome. Looking forward to my playing with all this on my next project.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

In my defense I have been doing some serious reverse engineering work on the Irish property market.

IrishPropertyMarket()
{
if(boom) askingPrice++;
if(bust) askingPrice=askingPrice;
}
Bassmobile

Post by Bassmobile »

Jack Bauer wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:02 am Release boards have arrived and will ship to customers in the next week. They now have the ST mcu fitted.
This is good news.
Q: Is there a change log somewhere?
I have two of the beta boards, and wondering if there are modifications that should be done to improve / remedy them in anyway.
Should I order ST mcu parts and attempt to reflow?
Any input appreciated.