Throttle Parameter Questions  [SOLVED]

E46Driver

Throttle Parameter Questions

Post by E46Driver »

Hello all, my apologies if I missed this information somewhere. I could not find anything relevant with the search.

I am trying to understand the throttle parameters because the readings I am getting do not match my understanding. This is for a Leaf EM57 with Gen2 inverter and Rev3.0 Openinverter board. Beta Firmware 5.23R - Johu adjusted for idle feature (Reference Post). No regen set up at this time.

Relevant parameters:

Code: Select all

idcmax : 325;
potmin : 45;
potmax : 4095;
throtramp : 3.0;
throtramprpm : 5000;
throtcur : 5.25;
My understanding is that (generally), we set the potmin and potmax to our expected values for our particular installation. For example, I am using a 0-5V with 4.7K inline resister to complete the divider feeding the openinverter board. This gives us a 0-3.3V linear throttle line (show in blue below).

Does the throtcur parameter adjust the line - in this case shown in orange below for a 5.25 A/% setting?
image.png
So shouldn't this mean we hit our 325A limit at approximately 62% throttle? Because this does not happen for me. I hit 250-ish idc at about 3300 digs. I have not been able to reach the idc limit. And this is confirmed by my Orion BMS.

If I change throtcur = 3.0, my max idc is only 188A. And I would expect throtcur = 1.0 to simply follow the potmin-potmax line.

What am I doing wrong?
johu
Site Admin

Re: Throttle Parameter Questions  [SOLVED]

Post by johu »

idc is dependent on motor torque AND speed
throtcur controls AC current and that is only proportional to torque
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
E46Driver

Re: Throttle Parameter Questions

Post by E46Driver »

Thanks Johu!

Clearly my mind is still in Soliton DC Motor Control mode. Eventually I will get my head wrapped around 3-phase AC!