whats the difference between openinverter and others? - leaf

papasapien

whats the difference between openinverter and others? - leaf

Post by papasapien »

lets say between a resolve and a thunderstruck controller?
what are the differences? is open inverter just for cooler kids who know how to code? please help thank you. im a nerd.
Isaac96

Re: whats the difference between openinverter and others? - leaf

Post by Isaac96 »

Openinverter is for cool kids who want complete control of the motor. As in, control the power going to each wire. This requires tuning -- lots of it. And often some software work.

Resolve and thunderstruck controllers both do CAN control of the original inverter, so they are limited to the OEM power limits. They also get the smooth control of the OEM developed system.

Trade offs as usual. Pick your poison.
papasapien

Post by papasapien »

Isaac96 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:35 am
Resolve and thunderstruck controllers both do CAN control of the original inverter, so they are limited to the OEM power limits.
why do i hear people say they are going to use a different inverter but use the leaf motor?
i have a 2013 leaf motor inverter charger assembly.
if i get the open inverter board i can go faster and thats pretty much all i need? i will have to just get a different charger though?
arber333

Post by arber333 »

papasapien wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:11 pm why do i hear people say they are going to use a different inverter but use the leaf motor?
i have a 2013 leaf motor inverter charger assembly.
if i get the open inverter board i can go faster and thats pretty much all i need? i will have to just get a different charger though?
Well i choose gen1 leaf motor because it can demonstrate 300hp. But you need to use bigger inverter for that...
papasapien

Post by papasapien »

arber333 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:02 pm
Well i choose gen1 leaf motor because it can demonstrate 300hp. But you need to use bigger inverter for that...
so youre saying i should have gotten the gen 1 motor and then bought a separate inverter to be able to race people and go ultimate fast? :cry:

. hey if i buy the open inverter leaf board in the shop is that all i will need to get the motor up?it says i have to get the board out of a leaf but is that the board thats already in the leaf inverter right? also i read on the home page you can charge with the inverter so i dont need to buy a separate charger right? unless i want to charge faster.