330e Hybrid Swap

kieran

Re: 330e Hybrid Swap

Post by kieran »

Yeah we're using HTG....unfortunately(Its a nightmare and has just died to top it off), there's a few issues to overcome with running it as a hybrid such as the separating clutch not being controlled by the HTG, I'm hoping that is controlled by what would be the TCC solenoid though, Will need to run the mechanical oil pump up to speed with the MG to create oil pressure to lock the separating clutch which will in turn start the ICE and allow it to take over oil pump duties whiles the MG goes dormant......or so the plan says :shock:
andrewjenkins34

Post by andrewjenkins34 »

Have you figured out how to run the electric oil pump yet? Looks like it's pwm from the original trans controller but theres only canbus going into the trans. Some of the other things I was trying to figure out while I'm waiting were resistance values for the oil temp sensor to correspond with temperature, and the oil pressure ranges for shifting.

I drove a Jag F-type today and it sure would be nice to be able to come close to that shift quality.

The separator uses the B clutch I think. I paid for some technical info on the zf and it shows the solenoid configuration for the separator. I'll share the pictures a little later tonight if I have the time as I'm on a different device.

I also got my trans without the oil cooler lines so I'm trying to figure out a good solution there, may just go to the junkyard and get 2 sets of 8hp cooler lines and loop them all for now. Perks of having the transmission the same across literally millions of cars.

Looking forward to seeing you progress, hope the prius inverter is working well.

What's yours going into if you don't mind my asking?
andrewjenkins34

kieran wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:46 am I have mine spinning with Johannes' board and a Prius inverter now, only at 100V at the moment but looking to get the main pack connected soon
Would you be willing to share the parameters you used to get the motor running? I've had some massive shipping delays and want to keep this going.
mdrobnak

Post by mdrobnak »

I was going to do a hybrid set up but eventually decided that I should finish my EV conversion first. :)

My plan, however was to:
* Have OEM ECU run engine.
* VCU control coordination between setups
* Use engine run switch as relay output to start and stop engine enable to OEM ECU....so basically it was running "normally"
* Use PWM -> Voltage setup to simulate throttle pedal for engine torque request

The method your describing will work, but it's a lot of effort to get it all to go. Unfortunately I have no info on that gearbox so I can't help with that.

-Matt
andrewjenkins34

It works!!!

No pictures tonight but I got it to turn. Got my new Prius board from Damien and realized some mistakes I made last time around.

Followed all the steps for the first run, hit enter, and then there was a loud clunk and the output shaft started to turn. It ran for about 3 seconds and then blew my breaker. I don't have a HV battery or a bench power supply so I ran an extension cord through a rectifier and the wall outlet is on a 10 amp breaker.
Since I knew it worked, I swapped over to the 220v (100 amp breaker) through the rectifier and have about 334v at the inverter. Followed the same process and I get a much smaller click and then an overcurrent error. I'm using a Zombieverter to control precharge.

Any suggestions to address the overcurrent error? Figured I'd move on to FOC tuning and see what else I can break.
andrewjenkins34

Brought it back down to the 110v and I still get an overcurrent error. Pictures show conditions when it happens. Motor runs longer but still triggers overcurrent.
Attachments
20220626_120559.jpg
20220626_121053.jpg
20220626_121051.jpg
20220626_121044.jpg