Zero EV CCS kit

Development and discussion of fast charging systems eg Chademo , CCS etc
mikeselectricstuff

Zero EV CCS kit

Post by mikeselectricstuff »

mdrobnak

Re: Zero EV CCS kit

Post by mdrobnak »

The controller that they've bundled is over $2,000+ by itself, that's why. The MUXSAN dude mentioned it in a video and said it was silly expensive.

-Matt
Isaac96

Post by Isaac96 »

Limited to 200A = 70-80kw. Interesting. Likely a limitation of the contact rating.
Seems like Kona/Niro are at the same limit (77kw); ID3 does 100, Bolt is down at 55kw.
4markowen

Post by 4markowen »

Watched a video of a tour of their place by Johnny Smith (aka Carpervert) where they discussed this and other bits.

I mean they are a business with salaries and rent to pay, and liabilities for what they sell, so in a different price bracket to how some if not most of us arrived here via a €1000 certain red BMW :)

Worth a watch though.

JaniK

Post by JaniK »

There is a good point on that video, about not needing fast charging for sunday driver. Car owner works there and certainly would have had a chance to get the fast charging If needed to.

But if one would order a conversion from a shop. And pay excess of 20.000£$€, They have money to pay for that CCS kit too of they need it. Type 2regular plug price can be saved then too :P
Any opinions are my own, unless stated otherwise. I take no responsibility if you follow my way of doing things and it doesn't work. Please double check with someone who knows what they are doing.
mdrobnak

Post by mdrobnak »

I was shocked that you need to buy your own cable for most of these chargers?!?! That seems so odd to me. At J1772 chargers you pay (if not free), take cable and plug in. :)

-Matt
EVconverter

Post by EVconverter »

Isaac96 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:09 am Limited to 200A = 70-80kw. Interesting. Likely a limitation of the contact rating.
Seems like Kona/Niro are at the same limit (77kw); ID3 does 100, Bolt is down at 55kw.
I own a Kona EV. At 77kw, that's about 1.25C on the pack, but only to a 55% charge. From what I can find on the Kona batteries, 1.25C is actually a little hot for them, so it seems that the charge profile is more a battery limitation than a component limitation.