Hands On Electric Car Conversion Course - October 7th to 11th - Ireland

david

Re: Hands On Electric Car Conversion Course - October 7th to 11th - Ireland

Post by david »

Hi is there any room left on this October course please?
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

david wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:18 am Hi is there any room left on this October course please?
We have one space left. If you'd like to join us please email your full name, address, and phone number to sales@newelectric.ie 8-)
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

DC controller theory 🤓
IMG_20191008_103745.jpg
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

using a Toyota Prius AC inverter as a DC motor controller 😂
IMG_20191008_120554.jpg
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

course participants enjoying the €1,000 electric car 😀
IMG_20191008_144533.jpg
james@N52E01

Post by james@N52E01 »

Thank you so much to Kevin and Damien for running a super course. It has made an incredible difference and was worth every cent. Like most people I had no idea what to expect coming onto the course. The other people on the course were a terrific bunch and all share the same passion. We all came from completely different backgrounds and somehow Damien took a room full of people off the street and in 5 days made us all ready to start our first EV conversions. None of us had an electronics background, some of us knew which end of a spanner to hold (not me btw), but Damien found a way to tailor the course to all of us. His delivery style was excellent and he was patient enough to go back over topics until we all understood. We covered topics like high (and LOW!) voltage safety, batteries, power electronics and the mechanics behind a conversion to name but a few. We made not one but 2 EV drive systems as a team and we came away armed with almost limitless options to make our conversion projects a reality.

Do I imagine we’ll hit problems and need help along the way... obviously! But we have a support network now and through this forum and all of the amazing likeminded people we have met we can help each other and share ideas and make sure that project makes it over the finish line.

Thanks also to Johannes for all of his hard work and giving us the tools to make our projects a reality.

(By the way, thanks for recommending that battery master blaster deluxe 7 million. :idea: ...private joke)
Darrenptalbot

Post by Darrenptalbot »

Looking forward to 2020 dates :)

Post by 924 »

Would you have any dates lined up for doing the course in 2020?
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Darrenptalbot wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:02 pm Looking forward to 2020 dates :)
924 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 am Would you have any dates lined up for doing the course in 2020?
Will publish eight courses today :D