Hands On Electric Car Conversion Course - September 9th to 13th - Ireland

Kevin Sharpe

Hands On Electric Car Conversion Course - September 9th to 13th - Ireland

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

I'm delighted to announce the first of our 5 day electric car conversion courses. The course will be led by Damien Maguire ("Jack Bauer") and is intended to provide a solid grounding in electric car conversion for the complete novice. Full details will be published in the coming weeks but needless to say this is a hands on, practical course where you'll learn a lot about budget conversions and open source 8-)

The course will be held in one of the New Electric workshops near Arklow, County Wicklow, Ireland (approximately one hour south of Dublin airport, one hour north of Rosslare Ferry Terminal).

The course cost is 1,000 euros per person excluding transport, accommodation and food. A 250 euros deposit will be payable on the 9th July. Space on each course is strictly limited to a maximum of 10 participants.

We will repeat the novice course several times next year and intend it to be a prerequisite for joining our more demanding courses such as CAN bus hacking, motor selection, and battery system design.

Lots more detail will follow but if you want a taster have a look at Damien's YouTube channel (here) :)
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
Pauli

Pauli: Attending

Post by Pauli »

The reason, wrote:
Kevin Sharpe

Re: Hands On Electric Car Conversion Course - September 9th to 13th - Ireland

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

I'm happy to report that our first course is now very heavily oversubscribed 8-)

If you'd like to join the waiting list for next years courses please email sales@newelectric.ie
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
Pauli

Post by Pauli »

Hello Kevin

Can I confirm whether I have a place on the course as you asked for my details last Wed, but you sent a message yesterday saying course oversubscribed and asking me to join the waiting list?

I am looking forward to it

Cheers
Paul Sheridan
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Pauli wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:53 pmCan I confirm whether I have a place on the course as you asked for my details last Wed, but you sent a message yesterday saying course oversubscribed and asking me to join the waiting list?
Sorry Paul, my mistake, you have a place and we'll confirm the details in a couple of weeks.
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

We had a good progress meeting today and we will send an update to those people registered for the course in a few days. We're also making progress on the dates for next years courses and our exhibit at Fully Charged Live 2020 8-)
vjkomix

Post by vjkomix »

i want to be a one of learners in these ,i,m in uk manchester
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

vjkomix wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:55 pm i want to be a one of learners in these ,i,m in uk manchester
Great... email sales@newelectric.ie :)
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

sfk

Post by sfk »

Would love to go, but that's 18,661km away from me.

Any chance of filming any of it? :D
-< Mazda Eunos JC Cosmo rotary -> EV conversion w/ Lexus GS450H gear >-
Lithiumtherapy

Post by Lithiumtherapy »

Hi guys, did you say there were going to be dates posted for the additional courses to follow on monthly after the September 2019 one?
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Lithiumtherapy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:58 pm Hi guys, did you say there were going to be dates posted for the additional courses to follow on monthly after the September 2019 one?
We've recently published dates for the October course;

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=225

That's the last course for 2019. We hope to have six courses next year starting in March 2020. We'll publish details here on Open Inverter when they're available.
Lithiumtherapy

Post by Lithiumtherapy »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for clarifying -- I will keep an eye out so for further details on the forum and will make plans to attend one of the ones in 2020...
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Really enjoyable first day :D

IMG-20190909-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20190909-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20190909-WA0000.jpg
sfk

Post by sfk »

Who's there? Other than Damien.
-< Mazda Eunos JC Cosmo rotary -> EV conversion w/ Lexus GS450H gear >-
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

sfk wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:27 pm Who's there? Other than Damien.
Ten attendees plus Damien, myself and a colleague who works for New Electric 8-)
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Is a DC motor an option for my build?
IMG_20190910_115927.jpg
IMG_20190910_115859.jpg
IMG_20190910_120920.jpg
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

It's all about the battery :)
IMG_20190911_124210.jpg
IMG_20190911_163559.jpg
IMG_20190911_112400.jpg
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Rapid charging options 8-)
IMG_20190912_113000.jpg
IMG_20190912_142358.jpg
IMG_20190912_142745.jpg
IMG_20190912_142313.jpg
IMG_20190912_142258.jpg
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Toyota day 8-)
IMG_20190913_103818.jpg
IMG_20190913_102542.jpg
IMG_20190913_091759.jpg
IMG_20190913_091439.jpg
IMG_20190913_091054.jpg
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Some nice publicity for the course and open source 8-)

A NEW ELECTRIC IRELAND 2.0? BREATHING NEW LIFE INTO OLD CARS. (here)