Toyota Auris and Yaris Inverter Logic board

Topics concerning the Toyota and Lexus inverter drop in boards
Jack Bauer

Re: Toyota Auris and Yaris Inverter Logic board

Post by Jack Bauer »

Not updated and won't be until I've sold the current stock. You are of course free to make the necessary changes yourself.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

jamesn

Post by jamesn »

Can anyone tell me if the hardware would support a second throttle input to run mg1 and mg2 stages as completely independant motors also using mid throttle as the zero point with 0% being full reverse and 100% being full forwards.
I am building an electric canal cruiser/houseboat with twin props, it is important to be able to run one prop full forward and one full reverse for manoeuvrability. I have a pair of Honda IMAS and an e-golf battery pack just trying to decide what inverter to use.
Cheers,
James
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

No. At the moment there is only one "brain" on the logic board. To run the two motors independently would require a board with two.
jamesn

Post by jamesn »

Thanks for the rapid response, back to plan A then. And thanks for your massive contributions to the entire EV world, I would never have started down this road without your YouTube channel.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

jamesn wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:20 pm Can anyone tell me if the hardware would support a second throttle input to run mg1 and mg2 stages as completely independant motors also using mid throttle as the zero point with 0% being full reverse and 100% being full forwards.
I may be able to help you out. I am working on a dual brain board with two self sustaining resolvers and input mechanics. I work with Volt inverter.
I got one board built but i need to make the interface work and connect everything.
It is an application much like the original Volt system. One side drives a genset and the other one a motor. Both can be used with either ACIM or PMSM.
Soon i will test with one PM and one ACIM motor. Sadly ACIM doesnt work with resolver yet so i will have to adapt to single channel encoder.
But for two BLDC motors you could be using the interface as is.
But... i think for genset ACIM would be safer/stabler option, because you can remove the excitation and motor is just a piece of iron.
celeron55

Post by celeron55 »

So just to make sure: It seems I can plop a Prius gen3 board into my Yaris inverter, and it should work fine as long as MG2 and HVIL connectors are taken from the Prius gen3 BOM (0° vs. 90° connectors, otherwise the same) and as an end result only the current sensor scaling and some screw placements will be wrong. Am I correct?

EDIT: To answer to myself, yes I'm correct. But it does fit inside the case with minor cutting and drilling of plastic to allow holding it in place with zipties or something. For me personally the most important difference between these is that the Prius has a 400V boost low voltage side capacitor while the Yaris one only has 300V.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

arber333 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:46 pm Sadly ACIM doesnt work with resolver yet so i will have to adapt to single channel encoder.
Quick correction: starting with version 4.85.R you can combine ACIM and resolver
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
jalovick

Post by jalovick »

Is the Yaris/Auris inverter/converter the same as the Prius-C inverter (apparently also called the Prius AQUA)? Part numbers of Prius-C inverters include G9200-52010/G9201-52011.

Thanks
celeron55

Post by celeron55 »

jalovick wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:54 pm Is the Yaris/Auris inverter/converter the same as the Prius-C inverter (apparently also called the Prius AQUA)? Part numbers of Prius-C inverters include G9200-52010/G9201-52011.
The photos those numbers bring up on Google look exactly the same as my Yaris inverter.
doobedoobedo

Post by doobedoobedo »

jalovick wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:54 pm Is the Yaris/Auris inverter/converter the same as the Prius-C inverter (apparently also called the Prius AQUA)? Part numbers of Prius-C inverters include G9200-52010/G9201-52011.

Thanks
My Yaris inverter has a sticker on it which says G9200-52031 if that helps.

Also in case anyone is interested it uses the same proprietary connector as the leaf for signals.
TheSilverBuick

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Hmm, learning something new. What I thought was a "gen3" inverter came from a Prius C, and has the G9200-52010 number on it.
Need to learn. Starting from the basics.
Eflyers

Post by Eflyers »

Toyota in the US continued to use the Gen 3 inverter for the Prius C models( 2011-2019 when it was dropped). They switched to the Gen 4 inverters for other car models 2017 onward, as far as I know. This overlap can be confusing. The Prius C(and other models) inverter can be identified by the sloping top on one end. This for hood clearance in the small, tightly packed engine compartment of this compact car model.
jalovick

Post by jalovick »

doobedoobedo wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:34 pm My Yaris inverter has a sticker on it which says G9200-52031 if that helps.

Also in case anyone is interested it uses the same proprietary connector as the leaf for signals.
I've made a seperate post about it, but it sounds like we need a thread or WiKi covering what part numbers are what generation and suit what brain boards. It will make it way easier for newbies like me... :)

I've started editing the OEM Toyota page at https://openinverter.org/wiki/Toyota and will update it as I find more info.

Jamie
jalovick

Post by jalovick »

jalovick wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:54 am I've made a seperate post about it, but it sounds like we need a thread or WiKi covering what part numbers are what generation and suit what brain boards. It will make it way easier for newbies like me... :)

I've started editing the OEM Toyota page at https://openinverter.org/wiki/Toyota and will update it as I find more info.
I've created a table, which I'm still updating, that includes links to the Toyota and Lexus parts websites (US). Feel free to add any relevant details.

Jamie
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

28/06/20 : Block 2 boards with corrections to incorrect pinouts and component values now available from the evbmw webshop. https://www.evbmw.com/index.php/evbmw-w ... -board-kit

Uploaded schematic and pcb layout to github : https://github.com/damienmaguire/Yaris-Auris-Inverter

Design files available to Patrons only as of this date. https://www.patreon.com/evbmw

Will be released generally at some future point.
MattsAwesomeStuff

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

Jack Bauer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:07 amhttps://www.evbmw.com/index.php/evbmw-w ... -board-kit
Broken link.

Fixed link (I think?): https://www.evbmw.com/index.php/evbmw-w ... -board-kit
kalebludlow

Post by kalebludlow »

What is included in a logic board kit besides the board?
jnsaff

Post by jnsaff »

kalebludlow wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:40 pm What is included in a logic board kit besides the board?
Let me google that for you:

TheSilverBuick

Post by TheSilverBuick »

TheSilverBuick wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:28 pm Hmm, learning something new. What I thought was a "gen3" inverter came from a Prius C, and has the G9200-52010 number on it.
Yup, if the part number was not enough, looks like the 2014 Prius C inverter is the same as the Yaris.

Need to learn. Starting from the basics.
tom3141

Post by tom3141 »

I’m thinking of using a Yaris inverter. I’ve been reading through the various threads and seen mentions of a capacitor that is limited to 300v. Could someone clarify - is this only an issue if I’m wanting to use the buck/boost converter for charging or does this limit the battery pack to <300v?
bexander

Post by bexander »

Does anyone know the part number or manufacturer of the 34-pin IDC connector plugs used in the Auris inverter board kit?
I need a new strain relief thing and I want to be sure it will fit.
konstantin8818

Post by konstantin8818 »

bexander wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:10 pm Does anyone know the part number or manufacturer of the 34-pin IDC connector plugs used in the Auris inverter board kit?
Specially for those who banned in google :)
1658621-8 or T812134A101CEU plug
5102322-8 socket
And if you go to any electronic components shop and just ask IDC 34 WAY 2.54mm pitch connector with/without latches, they'l give you what you need ;)
bexander

Post by bexander »

konstantin8818 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:15 am
bexander wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:10 pm Does anyone know the part number or manufacturer of the 34-pin IDC connector plugs used in the Auris inverter board kit?
Specially for those who banned in google :)
1658621-8 or T812134A101CEU plug
5102322-8 socket
And if you go to any electronic components shop and just ask IDC 34 WAY 2.54mm pitch connector with/without latches, they'l give you what you need ;)
Thanks, but you list two different manufactures, TE and Amphenol? As my plan is to only buy the strain relief I need to find the manufacturer used so it will fit as every manufacturer seem to have there own measurements.
konstantin8818

Post by konstantin8818 »

bexander wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:25 pm Thanks, but you list two different manufactures, TE and Amphenol?
Connectors, that Damien sent me are black with no labels on them. Same about connectors, Johu supplies. I've bought plugs made by Connfly and they match perfectly.