Are our motors compatible

Topics concerning the Toyota and Lexus inverter drop in boards
ChironWSC

Are our motors compatible

Post by ChironWSC »

Hi

Trying to find out if any of the Toyota inverters would work with the motors we are using on various projects.
We are using axial flux synchronous three phase BLDC electric motors. The motors need controllers with sinusoidal signal and high switching frequency.

Thanks
johu
Site Admin

Re: Are our motors compatible

Post by johu »

Yes, sounds compatible. What is“high“switching frequency? Toyota inverters pretty much max out at 8.8 kHz
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
arber333

Post by arber333 »

ChironWSC wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:25 am Hi

Trying to find out if any of the Toyota inverters would work with the motors we are using on various projects.
We are using axial flux synchronous three phase BLDC electric motors. The motors need controllers with sinusoidal signal and high switching frequency.

Thanks
You mean 20 pole EMRAX motors? They would need at least 16kHz to propperly describe 800Hz sinus they need...
I have managed to run such motor at 360Vdc with Volt inverter and Lebowski at 6kHz and it was terribly loud. At 16kHz though it was only annoying. I would think optimal function with theese would be 18kHz. Video is in Slovenian as i made it to prove Roman i can run his motor just fine :).
ChironWSC

Post by ChironWSC »

Yes the same Emrax Motors. We would be using the 228 and 208 motors.
So looks like the Toyota inverter is not really suitable?

Thanks Henry

arber333 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:30 pm
ChironWSC wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:25 am Hi

Thanks
You mean 20 pole EMRAX motors? They would need at least 16kHz to propperly describe 800Hz sinus they need...
I have managed to run such motor at 360Vdc with Volt inverter and Lebowski at 6kHz and it was terribly loud. At 16kHz though it was only annoying. I would think optimal function with theese would be 18kHz. Video is in Slovenian as i made it to prove Roman i can run his motor just fine :).