GMC Truck "IMA" Hybrid 04-07 inverter UPDATED PICTURES

Topics concerning the Toyota and Lexus inverter drop in boards
AdvancedEnergySys

GMC Truck "IMA" Hybrid 04-07 inverter UPDATED PICTURES

Post by AdvancedEnergySys »

Hey All,
I've got a new source of CHEAP hybrid and electric parts, one of the cheapest are a pile of these GMC "hybrid" truck ima inverters here in the US from 06-09. These don't seem to be designed by Chevy from the Continental tags but they don't turn up anything useful. I've tried to break into the housing but the seams appear to be welded so breaking in will be a destructive but necessary endeavor if we can't come up with anything fruitful.
I'll look up the wiring diagram here shortly but without having a working system to sniff, knowing data lines wont be of much use that I know of but I'm new to the inverter hacking scene and would be delighted to know otherwise.
These inverters are approximately 10kg(20#) and are relatively small and liquid cooled so would be great for smaller conversions and use with the multitude of IMA honda units they also have for dirt cheap. I'm also developing bearing supports for the IMA to turn it into a real motor for use in EV conversions.
Would anyone have any insight that would prevent me from having to cut this thing open? I've got a V3 Brainboard that I plan on utilizing to drive the system manually, if we can't find a way to prevent a hackathon.

Thanks!!
AdvancedEnergySys

Re: GMC Truck "IMA" Hybrid 04-07 inverter UPDATED PICTURES

Post by AdvancedEnergySys »

Cracked it open and what a beauty!