BMW hybrid battery group buy

Buy and sell
jnsaff

Re: BMW hybrid battery group buy

Post by jnsaff »

Seems like there is some progress and the commitments should be in by the end of this week. If there are any peeps who want to join, please do so now and any current committers please think about your needs and whether they have changed. If all who are committed also please send me your e-mail addresses via PM so I can take further communication off the forum and make things happen faster.

Thank you all for you patience and engagement!
Snufkin

Post by Snufkin »

Hi,
I'm interested in 12 modules.
Northern Poland.
FJ3422

Post by FJ3422 »

Hi,

I am interested in 18 modules. Unfortunately somehow I can't send you a PM.

Netherlands
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Now you can, you need one approved post before becoming a real member (spambot counter measure)
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
SciroccoEV

Post by SciroccoEV »

What is the situation going to be with the module link cables?
Martin1775

Post by Martin1775 »

Hi,
as it goes to an end, I'm interested in 24 modules / 36kWh.
NW Germany.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Was it established whether they are going to be the old or new generation? It looks like if they are the old ones the energy density is way less than any of the other modules out there, which would make it a non starter for me.
NoobMaster

Post by NoobMaster »

Just out of interest has anyone gauged the power density?
How many Amps can these Gen3 or Gen4 packs provide pulsed?
34Amp hours Capacity. So safe C rate?

The main fuse seems to be 200amps so that’s around 6c.

I read earlier in the thread that Damien was interested for Lexus/Toyota inverter application? Doesn’t that inverter want 450+amps from the battery sometimes? Would that be ok if you ran 2 packs in parallel (custom fuse and Contactors and buss bars to handle the current)
jnsaff

Post by jnsaff »

As full voltage pack is about 9kWh you’d most likely want to parallel 2-3-4-5 or so packs. So this should be no problem at all.
PDev

Post by PDev »

Hi all,
Just new here and going to be a while before I can use them but I can commit to 12 modules/18KW.

Ireland
Bigpie

Post by Bigpie »

Is this likely to come to fruition before we in the UK kick ourselves where it hurts repeatedly and then have completely no idea on imports and tariffs? 1st of Jan 2021
VW Beetle 2003
Outlander front generator
Prius Gen 3 inverter (EVBMW logic board)
Outlander charger
3x Golf GTE batteries
Chademo Charging
Outlander water heater
SciroccoEV

Post by SciroccoEV »

I'll double my commitment to 12 modules. It's looking like I may have a new project.
TFirenza

Post by TFirenza »

happy to commit with 24 modules
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

I previously put myself down for 12 modules, but am now up to 36, or maybe 48 modules.

If any of the Aussies are interested in shipping together, I have and an indicative freight cost to Sydney, and happy share that.

We would need an MSDS I'm guessing that must be available?

Michael
rstevens81

Post by rstevens81 »

Bigpie wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:09 pm Is this likely to come to fruition before we in the UK kick ourselves where it hurts repeatedly and then have completely no idea on imports and tariffs? 1st of Jan 2021
I would not worry, there will be so much political pressure on Bo-Jo (The clown?), not to SMEG that up, as businesses need to cary on trading post "The Event", I expect VAT [+2.0% or 2.7% see below] & will most likely be payable, but hey still cheap as £60/kwh. (plus shipping of course)

Current 2021 Guidance
If you’re importing standard goods into Great Britain from the EU between 1 January and 30 June 2021, you:
can use ‘entry in the declarant’s records’ without getting authorisation in advance
do not need to make an entry summary declaration
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/declaring-g ... nuary-2021

Edit:

Just found it .... https://www.check-future-uk-trade-tarif ... y&n=25&p=1

Lithium-ion polymer accumulator equipped with a battery management system and can-bus interface with: -a length of not more than 1600 mm, -a width of not more than 448 mm, -a height of not more than 395 mm, -a weight of 125 kg or more but not more than 135 kg, -a nominal voltage of 280 V or more but not more than 400 V, -a nominal capacity of 9,7 Ah or more but not more than 10,35 Ah, -a charging voltage of 110 V or more but not more than 230 V, and -containing 6 modules with 90 cells or more but not more than 96 cells enclosed in a steel casing for use in the manufacture of vehicle capable of being charged by plugging to external source of electric power of heading 8703

UK Global Tariff 2.7%

Notes: UK Global Tariff rate: 2.0% An Autonomous Suspension applies, this will be reviewed in due course
Rule 1 of EV Club is don't buy a rust bucket....
Which rule does everyone forget 🤪
mackoffgrid

Post by mackoffgrid »

michaelh wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:38 am I previously put myself down for 12 modules, but am now up to 36, or maybe 48 modules.

If any of the Aussies are interested in shipping together, I have and an indicative freight cost to Sydney, and happy share that.

We would need an MSDS I'm guessing that must be available?

Michael
Hi Michael, I'm up for 36 (+) and I'm in Brisbane. I'd be interested in what you have. I wonder about collecting enough orders to make a full container and have it shipped from the wholesaler rather than double shipping. Is the wholesaler in the US ? ( i have prices for shipping from there).

Cheers
Andrew
https://github.com/mackelec/SolarUte
meFDCAN Arduino Library 3 FDCAN port stm32G4xx
meCAN Arduino Library 2023 version 2/3 CAN port stm32F0xx, stm32F1xx, stm32F4xx, stm32L4xx
storm4710

Post by storm4710 »

im trying to scrape together enough for 36 modules/6 packs
nkiernan

Post by nkiernan »

Hi,
I'd like to jump in for 12 modules. First post so will PM email address when I get passed! :)
ituti rally

Post by ituti rally »

Hello i will take 18 modules.
Thanks
Funkster

Post by Funkster »

Are the modules only available in multiples of 6? I'm not building an energy store or EV conversion, I'd just like one module for various experiments and maybe to build a lawnmower :D

Thanks.
AidanMc

Post by AidanMc »

I would like to put my name down for 24 modules (4 Packs of 6)!! thanks folks
AlexD

Post by AlexD »

What would the price be for ~20kwh of packs? I'd be interested in joining this and maybe for more.
cloudy

Post by cloudy »

It's a real shame, but I don't think this is likely to go ahead as it's been collecting interest for over 3 months. With no known quantity requirement to reach and the interest spread around the globe it's not clear how this would work in practice even if the 'magic' quantity was reached and a wholesaler was found - who would be responsible for the onward shipping after the container is delivered? Who would deal with now nearly 100,000EUR in funds?

It would require someone to take on a lot of risk, organisation and storage (which I would expect to compensate somebody for) but that hasn't yet been factored in...
AlexD

Post by AlexD »

Dang this would have been perfect too.
johnfin

Post by johnfin »

I had the same concerns as we didn't know what we were aiming for, but it seemed that was something that the original poster had offered to take on some of the responsibility for with some assistance from Kevin?

jnsaff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:32 pm Seems like there is some progress and the commitments should be in by the end of this week. If there are any peeps who want to join, please do so now and any current committers please think about your needs and whether they have changed. If all who are committed also please send me your e-mail addresses via PM so I can take further communication off the forum and make things happen faster.

Thank you all for you patience and engagement!

I must admit I never saw this request for email addresses as I just saw the stream of additional commitments ticking up. Has anything progressed as a result jnsaff?