UK EV conversion parts - having a clearout

Buy and sell
mike@indra

UK EV conversion parts - having a clearout

Post by mike@indra »

Hi All,

Having a clear-out to make space - lots of EV conversion goodies accumulated over the years but we're not doing too much in that space anymore. Too much to list so took a quick video talking through what we have.

All needs to go. Open to offers. Please reply in thread or DM here.

Director and Tech Lead at indra.co.uk

Mazda RX8, Soliton 1, 32KWH LiFePO4, Kostov 11alpha, Chademo. Running strong since 2012!

https://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...iii-61556.html
MattsAwesomeStuff

Re: UK EV conversion parts - having a clearout

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

You link at the bottom is broken.

However, I took screenshots and labelled what each of these parts are, in the DIYEV forums, for those who might be interested. I'm not affiliated, just had some spare time to help out the other day.

https://www.diyelectriccar.com/threads/ ... ut.205514/

1 - 4x "Allied Power(?)" batteries, with 8400Ah CALB cicra 2010-2011. Maybe 6? Camera shows more above. Another one later on another shelf.

2 - 4x Motors from Smith Electric's liquidation. 1 has a gearbox, maybe other gearboxes elsewhere.

3 - 1x Smith carrier thing for power electronics?

4 - 1x "Pump for the 120 motor" out of the 7.5 ton Newton (?) truck.

5 - 1x Smith Carrier (like item #3 above?), power electronics module, drive inverter, radiator, 90kw?

6 - 2x (?) Allied Battery packs. Somehow different than item #1 but he gave the same specs so not sure. CALB 180s x 84?

7 - Many many A/C Compressors from the Azure Dynamics liquidation. Zivan charger. "EDN"? charger. Not sold as a bundle I don't think, just happened to be in a pile.

8 - 1x Nissan Leaf battery pack. 24kWh. "All there but the service plug". Reasonable state 70%? (Or 7-something, some nissan rating?).

9 - 1x Nissan Leaf Gen 1 battery. All there including service plug. From 150,000 mile car. "7 bars of health".

10 - 1x an Indra battery built for a taxi using Leaf cells. Quite old. No specs given. Low mileage.

11 - 1x Nissan Leaf Gen 3 battery pack. High mileage 150,000 miles. No service plug, no BMS. Also, another that's just an empty case with a few bits of wiring for Gen 3 battery.

12 - 1x Hillstone. "400v rated, 80 KW"

13 - 1x Smith Electric Mystery Box. Motor/Gearbox/inverter. They have no idea, they've never looked into what it is, came from the liquidation.

14 - Many Valence UCharge BMS units. Different ages. Most are high voltage units, but low voltage ones too.

15 - 1x Motor from Smith, with adapter plate for a gearbox, with the spines stripped off. They say probably just scrap.

16 - 1x Allied battery pack. Huge. "The other half"? 84 of the cells mentioned earlier.

17 - 1x Gen 1 Nissan Leaf motor. With Gearbox. connectors too.

18 - The axel somethings from a Gen 2 leaf.

19 - "Quote a few"/Few Dozen Nissan Leaf home-storage battery packs. Uses Gen4 Leaf batteries. Orion Jr BMS. Various states of completion. And a box of ~35x Orion Jr BMSs

20 - 1x Leaf Gen2 motor, maybe with a bad bearing, or maybe that's a different unit.

21 - 2x or Gearboxes from Smith liquidation.

22 - 1x Smith double-motor joined together. Was maybe used as a dyno. They have no idea.

23 - Multiple pallets of Gen 2 Nissan Leaf battery cells, various states of health, maybe from when underperforming packs come in to be replaced?

24 - Gen 2 Leaf PDM, drive inverter compressor, etc. Apparently all in good condition and stored dry. Another leaf drive inverter next to this.

25 - ~120x Azure Dynamics pumps, from the liquidation.

26 - 20x Azure dual-throat vacuum pumps, new in bags, branded Ford.

Some of this stuff is very clearly complete garbage one-offs that someone would have to put huge amounts of time to reverse engineer or find a way to use. Some of it is obviously just fine and could be used tomorrow.

I presume they want it for "just want it gone" prices for most, though others are "clearout" so, would accept somewhere between scrap and retail.

These aren't arranged as lots, this is just me putting numbers on stuff for quick reference based on the snapshots I took.

Don't PM me, I have nothing to do with Indra, I just made the list.

Again, the other thread has links to the pictures, if you don't want to sit through the video.

Also, my rule of thumb... if you're the one selling, *you* price the items. If you're the one buying, *you* make the offer. Because literally everyone's first response to this is going to be "I might be interested, it depends in how much you'd sell it for". No point in making everyone jump through hoops for the same questions.

Like, I'd buy the Leaf packs for $1. I wouldn't buy them for full price. Somewhere in between is where my "no" crosses to "okay, I'm interested". But I'm not going to put the effort into asking about these particular packs vs. any other packs for sale, just to find out the price.

Especially for clearance stuff, you're selling things that people don't really want. The only reason they'd be interested is because the price is low. So, you have to mention the price or most people are going to ignore it. If they wanted to pay full price, they'd shop on eBay where they don't have to PM the seller just to find out how much they want for it. You'll probably get 10x the interest by pricing it out.
Cookie6000

Re: UK EV conversion parts - having a clearout

Post by Cookie6000 »

mike@indra wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:20 am Hi All,

Having a clear-out to make space - lots of EV conversion goodies accumulated over the years but we're not doing too much in that space anymore. Too much to list so took a quick video talking through what we have.

All needs to go. Open to offers. Please reply in thread or DM here.
Hey Mike, any updates? DM'd you a few days ago on a batch of Leaf modules, BMS, and other items

Thanks!
Home of the #Audi8e - https://twitter.com/FiachraCooke