P38 Range Rover Conversion Project For sale

Buy and sell
Alastaird

P38 Range Rover Conversion Project For sale

Post by Alastaird »

Hi all,

My first sale post on this forum -

Many of you may have seen Damien’s brilliant video series converting a 2001 P38 Range Rover to an electric drive chain. I was lucky enough to be the owner of the vehicle and did some of the very early work on the car (removing the petrol bits!). Damien finished the bulk of the conversion and returned the vehicle to me for completion.

I have unfortunately lost access to my parking space (based in London UK) and am struggling to find the time to complete the project along side my work commitments.

Sadly, I’ve decided to put the vehicle up for sale to give someone the opportunity to complete what will be a unique EV project. I have no desire whatsoever to profit in any way from Damien’s work and so all I am looking to do is recoup as much of my build cost as possible. Any excess over and above my costs will be donated to Damiens Patreon account so he can continue the great work he does.

The car is currently JUST drivable and still has a lot of work to do to get it fully road worthy. It charges, goes forward/backward has full braking and PAS along with air suspension all fully functional. To complete the project AT A MINIMUM you’ll have to tune the motors to run smoothly and repair the hole in the vehicle floor (or alternatively weld on a member to support one front sear anchor point). To finish the project to a high standard the car would also benefit from a cosmetic overhaul but structurally it is in good condition.

As you can see in the photos and Damiens videos, its a standard V8 P38 with a custom chassis mount holding two enova 90kw motors (one to front dif and one to rear dif)

VIDEO:

Full Details:
>2 x enova motors
>Lexus IS300h inverter with V3 mainboard driving both motors and both powerstages,
>coda/lear charger
>Lexus is300h dcdc converter
>TRW hydraulic pump for power steering
>Valence 130ah pack 10 front 10 rear 240vdc
>isa shunt for battery monitoring
>wired for v2 chademo controller

Happy to take any questions.

The vehicle is currently located near Stratford Upon Avon in Warwickshire, UK.

Feel free to reply on this forum or give me a call on 0782466821.

Many thanks

Alastair
Attachments
IMG_0243.JPEG
IMG_0249.JPEG
IMG_0248.JPEG
IMG_0247.JPEG
IMG_0246.JPEG
IMG_0245.JPEG
IMG_0244.JPEG