Chevrolet Volt Inverter

Buy and sell
arber333

Chevrolet Volt Inverter

Post by arber333 »

I managed to break two, yes 2 of my testing setup Volt inverter power stages! It was a stupid wiring mistake and now i keep getting faults at high voltage start.
Does anyone have a low price Chevy Volt inverter with both power stages still in working order? I need one for paralell operation testing.
I dont care if the coolant pipes or connectors are damaged, i have spares here... :).

tnx

Arber
Jack Bauer

Re: Chevrolet Volt Inverter

Post by Jack Bauer »

I have one here with a broken cooling fitting. Just pay shipping.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Jack Bauer wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:28 pm I have one here with a broken cooling fitting. Just pay shipping.
That is really kind of you. Ill send you PM.

TNX
arber333

Post by arber333 »

OK that is strange... i found another inverter that is exhibiting the same Fault output behaviour that is plaging mine. A friend asked me for my opinion.
When i connect my PCB board to Volt inverter and i apply HV i get intermittent fault signal. reset LED is blinking very fast and so inverter drops in and out of the Fault condition.

I tried to reduce signal resistor and increase pullup resistor, but the signal derives from fault transistor on the driver board. Anyone seen anything similar? Usually when IGBT is damaged i only get floating pin. Maybe only signal transistor is damaged?
I will investigate this further with my scope.