6x6 Max

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
Isaac96

Re: 6x6 Max

Post by Isaac96 »

I didn't design that circuit, nor do I often use op amps. But I'd get an LM324 - it's a quad op amp (and you need at least 2 for your sensors). It has good input voltage range so you should be fine.

-Isaac
TheSilverBuick

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Isaac96 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:22 pm I didn't design that circuit, nor do I often use op amps. But I'd get an LM324 - it's a quad op amp (and you need at least 2 for your sensors). It has good input voltage range so you should be fine.

-Isaac
Thank you!

So with that chip, I would build two sets of circuits, each passing through the single chip, effectively utilizing half the LM324? That sounds straightforward enough.
Need to learn. Starting from the basics.
Isaac96

Post by Isaac96 »

Yup, sounds good. The single chip cuts down power wiring, which might help the signals look cleaner. Just make sure not to cross the outputs or something--pinout is straightforward but doesn't follow the usual standard of one corner ground, other corner 5V.
TheSilverBuick

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Since I don't know "usual" that assumption shouldn't bite me :lol: Thanks!
arber333

Post by arber333 »

For the purpose of the 6wheeler ATV i would suggest you get a Buick lacrosse ACIM motor and use it for test bed.
It should provide 18kW for your ATV and you can easily adjust belt drive...
It is also a good unit to learn basics of resolver control. I have one here and I need to test how resolver works with ACIM sine code.
Mr. Kelly has also dissassembled one on youtube :).

And i found another DIYer here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... +generator
TheSilverBuick

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Thanks for the recommendation, but the transmission in the 6x6 was my main problem, I got the 2-stroke to run alright, so using an electric motor and keeping the belt would not solve my issues with the 6x6 ;) Plus you mentioned it requires fairly high voltage worth of battery to make it run, and I'm not sure I'll have that much battery power any time soon, or even on the 6x6 itself. There is a guy on a Facebook group I'm in with a 6x6 that would like to just replace the engine and keep the belt, so I'll pass the recommendation on!
arber333

Post by arber333 »

TheSilverBuick wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:58 am Thanks for the recommendation, but the transmission in the 6x6 was my main problem, I got the 2-stroke to run alright, so using an electric motor and keeping the belt would not solve my issues with the 6x6 ;) Plus you mentioned it requires fairly high voltage worth of battery to make it run, and I'm not sure I'll have that much battery power any time soon, or even on the 6x6 itself. There is a guy on a Facebook group I'm in with a 6x6 that would like to just replace the engine and keep the belt, so I'll pass the recommendation on!
True, but i think it is not such a HV at all. Maybe 120Vdc...
In any case Openinverter should work with it just fine.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... +generator