EV Convert for Dummies

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
baronofbloomsburyuk

EV Convert for Dummies

Post by baronofbloomsburyuk »

Hello,
As the subject suggests, I'm a complete novice; however, I've been closely following EV conversions for a few years. I've watched a lot of the various smart youtubers (EV4U, ZeroEV, eDub, etc, etc) and gathered lots of info, but I realize I have some really basic questions. I looked for another topic directory for these 'novice' questions, but couldn't find one. Please direct me if I've missed something.

Question: I understand battery specs such as Volts, Amp hours, KwH, Watts/mile, etc. I also understand the similar motor specifications; however, I'm at a loss in understanding how to pair the two sets of specifications together, so that you know X battery package can support Y Motor (assuming I've already confirmed that Y motor has the reasonable KwH to replace the horsepower of the original petrol engine).
For example, if you are using a Tesla 5.3kwh battery, what would be the important specs I need to find out about any potential accompanying motor? And, then, if I look to a Leaf battery, again, same question.
Hmm, or maybe one starts with the motor first, and then asks the question of the battery... but nonetheless, there must be a logical method to ensure you're making the correct arrangement.
Thanks.
JeanVapeur

Re: EV Convert for Dummies

Post by JeanVapeur »

Hello,

watch this:

in some of the short episodes are answers of your questions. ;)

cheers,
Peter