EV Fiesta

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
nuffz

EV Fiesta

Post by nuffz »

Hi all, I’m new to EV scene but I’m learning lots and at a rate I didn’t think was possible. I’m an HGV electrician so the wiring and component aspect is a comfortable area for me (aside from the EV side)
IMG-20201208-WA0012.jpg
I have brought a Ford Fiesta that I am going to convert, I haven’t seen any done yet so I thought I would give it ago and find out how hard it really is. I plan on using it as a run around for our business so everything needs to look the dog’s dangles for advertising purposes so I’m planning on adding a touch screen display in the car even if its only in there so make changes to the software inputs, but I would like to incorporate it into the HUD.
I have a gen 3 inverter/converter that I have put Damien’s dual motor pcb into. The biggest problem that I have encountered so far was right out of the gate trying to get the ESP-01 module to program with Arduino. I spent about a week trying and failing no matter what I did it wouldn’t work; I must have read the help pages here 10x and nothing. So, I needed help and a member of this group Jacob Williams offered his assistance and boy did I need it! Even a man with his expertise and experience with communications and electronics still couldn’t understand what was going wrong. I was doing everything by the book. He put the Spiffs and sketch files into a different place and his magic worked. Took him 20minutes something that I would still be doing now if it wasn’t for him.
20210129_212714 (1).jpg
Next problem came straight after the previous one, I could get the ESP to power up on the dual motor board. However, when I plugged it into the computer it worked straight away. So, after testing the pin puts over and over all seemed fine so I plugged it into the computer yet again but this time I used jumper cables in between the ESP and the ST link and removed the cables one by one until the WIFI turned off this told me exactly what this particular ESP-01 needed to work it only needed the EN powered up with another 3.3v .
20210124_150843.jpg
20210124_161401.jpg
At the time of writing this particular part I am yet to get any lights flashing from the “12v test”
IMG-20210131-WA0011.jpg