VW Polo Hypermiler project suggestions

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
theBROCK

VW Polo Hypermiler project suggestions

Post by theBROCK »

So, here is the deal, I'm looking at an EV/Plugin Hybrid conversion that will allow me to testbed a powertrain I have in mind.
wrecked_polo.jpg
A wrecked 2019 VW Polo will be the "mule" prototype for now and, in order to achieve the desired performance, I need something in the order of 110kW of instantaneous power, so, as of now, I stand with a couple of available choices for the motor in my country (sadly, in Brazil, Leafs are not sold, so it's motor is a no-go):
- The HF35 (kinda hard to come by, but possible) from the Ford Fusion Hybrid 2013-2016;
- The transmission assembly from the Ford Fusion Hybrid 2009-2012 (I believe it's the HF20, not sure);
- The Prius 2010-2016 transaxle (P410, 60kW rated, easier to come by in my country);
- The Prius 2017-2019 transaxle (P610, 53kW rated, easiest to come by here, several suppliers have them);
- And, last but not least, the Lexus NX 300h (P314, 145kW rated, local breakyard got one wrecked, so might be able to get that, maybe at a higher pricepoint).
The idea is to use the v1c board from EVBMW's Damien with a Gen3 Prius inverter to control whichever motor I get, so compatibility is a must (I believe all of these motors can be controlled by it, not sure about the Ford ones, feel free to advise).
This conversion should be done at about 2000 US$ including the battery pack, which for now I'm settled with a pack of 84S1P 2.5V 16Ah 50C Lishen LTO cells, for a total capacity of 3,360Wh and 168kW of instantaneous power (software limited to about 120kW or a 570A current draw). That, alone, is about 1000$, half the total budget :|
Anyway, any help, tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated and I intend to fully document every step of the way on YouTube as soon as I receive the GoPro I ordered; the final idea is to be able to reach 80Wh/km (129Wh/mi for those on the imperial system) for this first prototype, therefore, range is not really a big concern right now, this 3.36kWh pack should be able to get me going for about 40km (25mi) or so.